What am I doing wrong while trying to write plugin (1 Viewer)

jimbruskalski

Portal Member
April 28, 2006
Hello,

I followed the directions in this article (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/articles/howtos/how_to_write_a_plugin.html#_Toc107821001); however, my screens are not only different from those listed, but also my plugin does not show up. I then noticed the article was written a while ago and thought this might have something to do with it. Can someone walk me through just getting my plugin to at least show up as a plugin? I am using VS 2005 Pro (since I couldnt use 2003 becuase the source code I downloaded through the article was done in 2005 and it would not let me open it in 2003 even though the article uses 2003). Please be more detailed than not. Thanks.

jimbruskalski

Portal Member
April 28, 2006
Ok, I have discovered that the reason it was not showing in the configuration was because it was being listed as a process plugin instead of a windows plugin. How do I make it listed as a windows plugin? I managed to get it to appear on the menu, copied the example skin file to make it a gui and put that xml file into the blue two skin directory like it said; however, although I am able to see the menu item, when I click on it, nothing happens. I was under the impression that the Init() function would be called when I click on the menu button from the home screen and thus return the skin file and thus show the screen in the example. Why is this not working? Any ideas or suggestion on what I might be doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom