What do these errors in the error.log mean? (1 Viewer)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
I'm working on a skin and would like to check whether I'm messing something up. :p

MP throws these errors:

Code:
2010-08-12 19:39:08.984773 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:50 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() [B]InfoService.GUIWindows.GUIFeed[/B]
2010-08-12 19:39:09.234785 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:50 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() [B]InfoService.GUIWindows.GUITwitter[/B]
2010-08-12 19:39:11.094243 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: d3dapp: An error occured in OnResize - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font.OnResetDevice()
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font.OnParentReset(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceReset(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.OnParentResized(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at MediaPortal.D3DApp.OnResize(EventArgs e)
2010-08-12 19:39:19.078976 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:50 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() [B]InfoService.GUIWindows.GUIFeed[/B]
2010-08-12 19:39:19.078976 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:50 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
2010-08-12 19:39:19.141478 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at [B]InfoService.GUIWindows.GUIFeed.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)[/B]
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Are the errors related to InfoService caused by the skin or are these related to something else?

Thx!

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Yups, doing my own skin (mod, but really extensively and focussed on improving code, optimization and documentation). I finally have time to coninue work on https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/support-4-3-a-60018/#post426961

Do you know what's causing this error? I suspect it has to do with me importing common.facade.xml:

Code:
  <control>
   <description>group element</description>
   <type>group</type>

<!-- This defines the various types of filebrowsing that are used: lists, thumbnail panels, filmstrips and playlists -->
   <control>
    <type>facadeview</type>
    <id>50</id>

<!-- list. Position and layout are defined in references.xml -->
    <control>
     <type>listcontrol</type>
     <itemWidth>30</itemWidth>
     <onright>2</onright>
    </control>   

<!-- thumbnails. Position and layout are defined in references.xml -->   
    <control>
     <type>thumbnailpanel</type>
     <onright>2</onright>
    </control>

<!-- This is the row of thumbs in filmstrip view. Position and layout are defined in references.xml -->
    <control>
     <type>filmstrip</type>
     <onup>2</onup>
    </control>

<!-- playlist. Supports extra buttons for editing playlist. Position and layout are defined in references.xml  -->
    <control>
     <type>playlistcontrol</type>
     <itemWidth>30</itemWidth>
     <onright>2</onright>
    </control>

</control><!-- end facadeview -->

</control><!-- end group -->

Don't worry if you don't know... I'll just troubleshoot. :)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just remove ID from facadecontrol.. It shouldn't have ID anyways :)

ID should be added to controls inside facadecontrol (listcontrol, thumbnailpanel, filmstrip, playlistcontrol). In this case <id>50</id>.

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks! I was expecting to have to do a lot of troubleshooting on this one.

[edit]
    I did as you suggested but it seems that facadecontrol needs the <id>50</id>! Without it music, video and pictures break. So I tried adding <id>50</id> to the controls inside facadecontrol as well (as is done in blue3wide) but that results in the same errors as above. Could it be that InfoFeed handles these controls differently than core modules such as music, video and pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom