what do you do when a 'movie' isn't found on IMDB at all (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi all,

so, i have some 'movies' that aren't actually on IMDb at the moment. a few examples "Michael Bublé: Caught In The Act", "Peter Kay: Stand Up Ukay", "P!nk: Try This - Live in Europe", ...

so these examples are live music, and live comedy DVD's.

i had a look at submitting something to IMDb, but it looks painful!

what do you do when something's not on IMDb?

cheers,

dh.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Add it blank and enter the fields yourself?! =)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Another option is to add it to a more user-contribution-friendly website, such as TheMovieDb.org.

Also it helps if you check to see if the movies you have doesn't already have an entry there (which you can edit to complete):

Peter Kay: Ukay = http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/26272
    Pink: Live in Europe = http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/22720

A scraper for TheMovieDb ships along with MovingPictures, just make sure it is enabled (and your filenames are a better match for it).

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another option is to add it to a more user-contribution-friendly website, such as TheMovieDb.org.

Also it helps if you check to see if the movies you have doesn't already have an entry there (which you can edit to complete):

Peter Kay: Ukay = Peter Kay Ukay — TMDb
    Pink: Live in Europe = Pink: Live In Europe — TMDb

A scraper for TheMovieDb ships along with MovingPictures, just make sure it is enabled (and your filenames are a better match for it).

oh, cheers for that. that's really helpful. i'm currently using the nfo scanner, but it doesn't look like this can be setup to also look at themoviedb.org id's, is that right? if it did, that would be super convenient!

cheers,

dh.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Peter Kay: Ukay = Peter Kay Ukay — TMDb
    Pink: Live in Europe = Pink: Live In Europe — TMDb

oh, cheers for that. that's really helpful. i'm currently using the nfo scanner, but it doesn't look like this can be setup to also look at themoviedb.org id's, is that right? if it did, that would be super convenient!

cheers,

dh.

Nope, NFO = imdb system only

The other default setting is that only the primary scraper (which by default is imdb.com one) can auto-approve a movie. So if you want themoviedb to auto-approve movies, you have to adjust that setting (under advanced settings), but in reality it's a very rare amount of movies that needs manual correction, so you can just open up configuration screen, use the drop down box to select the TheMovieDb match (it should show up in the list if you used all those terms "Peter", "Kay" and "Ukay"), which will then add it to your collection.

You can scan the log file quickly to see if movies failed to auto-match, by searching for "MovieImporter]: No exact match for ", which I do via a simple batch file myself (which also check which movies got added and removed) remotely.

It is also possible to directly launch the MovingPictures configuration screen straight from desktop via PluginLoader.exe tool.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nope, NFO = imdb system only

The other default setting is that only the primary scraper (which by default is imdb.com one) can auto-approve a movie. So if you want themoviedb to auto-approve movies, you have to adjust that setting (under advanced settings), but in reality it's a very rare amount of movies that needs manual correction, so you can just open up configuration screen, use the drop down box to select the TheMovieDb match (it should show up in the list if you used all those terms "Peter", "Kay" and "Ukay"), which will then add it to your collection.

You can scan the log file quickly to see if movies failed to auto-match, by searching for "MovieImporter]: No exact match for ", which I do via a simple batch file myself (which also check which movies got added and removed) remotely.

It is also possible to directly launch the MovingPictures configuration screen straight from desktop via PluginLoader.exe tool.

no worries. well, i have those few 'movies' i mentioned in my original post in MP now, and i've made some updates to a couple of entries on themoviedb.org, so i'm well underway :)

cheers for the help, and the extra tips.

dh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom