What do you like about Media Portal? (1 Viewer)

What do you like about Media Portal?

• It is open source.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont like MP (are you sure you wanna click here?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Please tell me why you like it so much!

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would have gone for 1, 2 and 3.
    I love the way it looks, it does one hell of a job,. Does things no other htpc does and I love open source. it was hard to choose and doesn't make my vote complete.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeh ...like MrMario64 said ...
    all of the above....its great because its open-source too...
    that way more things with continually added and improved

A

Anonymous

thats why its hard to say why we like it so much... too many good reasons 8)

A

Anonymous

I don't know if it does anything other HTPC applications don't, but maybe it will in the future. It has a lot of potential and the development seems to come along very quickly having in mind only one person is involved.

RedDom

Portal Member
    May 9, 2004
    UK
    It looks stunning
    Its Open source.

however at the moment it doesn't do anything that other htpc software cant do, It needs a few more things before I will use it in anger (Though i reall really want to)

the basics are:

much better remote control support
    support for launching external apps from custom buttons
    Full pvr support
    support for external stb's (cable, sat dtv etc) e.g guide and channel changes via external exe or girder.
    Support for more music players or asio support.

keep up the progress.

RD

A

Anonymous

The only thing (for the moment) is that it's an OpenSource program...

I can't see anything it does and other programs don't...
    It's a rather young software though...

Maybe when external programs are supported fully ;)

I'd like K!Tv is supported :D

A

Anonymous

It does things other HTPC softwares dont, first of all.
    Second of all, It is open source.
    Third, you guys are working on it!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further. You are right, I think I just contact to Edision support next. Best regards
    Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further...
    Hi, I am new to this whole topic. I got a linux receiver Edision "OS nino+" and installed MediaPortal there. Unfortunately it does...
    Replies
    Views
    As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not, this could be achieved. But at first the infos need to be existing.
    As the TVEngine is same, is it not possible to take over some MP1 code pieces here or is it fully player dependent? So far not...
    Hello, after round about a decade of using MP1 I decided to test the so far most current version of MP2. Overall I like it very...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It does support viewing of some streamed content, Netflix and Amazon Prime I believe and a host of free content dependant on your location, e.g. BBC in the UK and German Channels in Germany via the Online...
    Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It...
    Please help, I will donate. So much info out there and get into the weeds. CURRENT CONFIG: I have an Older UnSmart TV (RCA-Great...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom