What do you like about Media Portal? (1 Viewer)

What do you like about Media Portal?

• It is open source.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont like MP (are you sure you wanna click here?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Please tell me why you like it so much!

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I would have gone for 1, 2 and 3.
    I love the way it looks, it does one hell of a job,. Does things no other htpc does and I love open source. it was hard to choose and doesn't make my vote complete.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    yeh ...like MrMario64 said ...
    all of the above....its great because its open-source too...
    that way more things with continually added and improved

A

Anonymous

thats why its hard to say why we like it so much... too many good reasons 8)

A

Anonymous

I don't know if it does anything other HTPC applications don't, but maybe it will in the future. It has a lot of potential and the development seems to come along very quickly having in mind only one person is involved.

RedDom

Portal Member
    May 9, 2004
    UK
    It looks stunning
    Its Open source.

however at the moment it doesn't do anything that other htpc software cant do, It needs a few more things before I will use it in anger (Though i reall really want to)

the basics are:

much better remote control support
    support for launching external apps from custom buttons
    Full pvr support
    support for external stb's (cable, sat dtv etc) e.g guide and channel changes via external exe or girder.
    Support for more music players or asio support.

keep up the progress.

RD

A

Anonymous

The only thing (for the moment) is that it's an OpenSource program...

I can't see anything it does and other programs don't...
    It's a rather young software though...

Maybe when external programs are supported fully ;)

I'd like K!Tv is supported :D

A

Anonymous

It does things other HTPC softwares dont, first of all.
    Second of all, It is open source.
    Third, you guys are working on it!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I play any video from that source with MP it takes what seems forever to start streaming. If I use something like VLC to play from the same source playback starts in a matter of seconds. What is it that...
    Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I...
    Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I...
    Replies
    Views
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
    I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner. I have not even thought about tuner sharing with two different clients and that this could be a problem, perfect! Thanks!
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner...
    Hello, can I use Kodi and the Media Portal 2 Client at the same time if I install the TVServerKodi plugin on the Media Portal 2...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
    I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Original please.
    Original please.
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom