What kind of keyboard and remote should I buy? (1 Viewer)

evgeninikolo

Portal Member
March 9, 2007
Germany
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hi,

Today I received my precious LC-14MB case.

Now I wonder what kind of keyboard to buy. I read that MCE Keyboard is not compatible with the IR receiver of Silverstone LC-14MB.

Should I throw away the original remote and buy a Microsoft one, together with MCE keyboard? Are there other good options?

Best regards,

Evgeni

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The MCE keyboard is not all that good. I have one and it is a poor product for the price, infact i found it so bad that i bought a new keyboard off ebay for £13 in contrast to the £45 that i payed for the MCE one.

My new keyboard is absolutly superb every button press is seen and its RF so I can hide the receiver out of view. Check this link

http://www.btc.com.tw/english/news_15.htm

I think you will agree that it is a nice looking multimedia keyboard.

As for the mce remote, they are superb and the only real choice for media portal.

P.S. I have a MCE Keyboard for sale if you want one!!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I use one of these keyboard/mouse combo's. It's really small and light. It's not like I type essays on it or anything, so it suits the purpose. I use the remote that came with my LC16, which I believe is the same one you have with your case. There's pre-made config files for it on the forums that work quite well. Also make sure to check out the external display plugin, as I think it works with your VFD.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I use both the MCE remote & keyboard. Both work out the box with MP and the keyboard is great once you get used to the nipple mouse. It obviously benefits from the additional media centre keys e.g. Green Button, direct buttons to My TV, guide recorded, music etc. etc.

I have 2 mediacentres each with an MCE remote & reciever and I just use the one keyboard for them both.

Edna

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I use the Logitec edge keyboard - It's expense but the WAF is high, the design is a perfect and it is a dream to type on.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Check out my system, I'm incredibly happy with my Logitech Bluetooth , keyboard/mouse combo. With the normal wireless keyboard/mouse my Plasma-TV would interfere with the reception, but with this combo I can sit at my dining-room table that is about 9meters away and still use it. For a remote I use the Microsoft MCE remote, the remote itself is average but the receiver is very good. You can easily buy a multi-purpose remote and then just use the receiver.

Here is the link to pictures of my system:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my_mystic_htpc-t15842.html?t=15842

Cheers
    GeoV

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just use the MCE remote and keyboard and I like em.
    The joystick on the keyboard is a bit fiddly but now that I am used to it, it is great!

The MCE remote is just the best, I also have a Logitech harmony 525 univeral remote, but the responce of it with MP just is not that great. (If anybody has this remote working with MP please let me know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom