[OTHER] What kind of Video-Cards do you use? (1 Viewer)

What kind of Video-Card do you use?

• IGP <= 128MB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IGP 256MB

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • IGP >= 512MB

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Graphic Card <= 128MB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphic Card 256MB

• Graphic Card 512MB

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Graphic Card >= 1024MB

• Total voters

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
La Calamine
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I see some times people having problems with skins when VRAM is smaller then 512MB.
I have myself HD3200 IGP with 256MB (no way to set it up to 512MB) and experienced the same problems.

Maybe they are some workaurounds to fix the (slow menu) problems or just using other skins is a solution.
But that's not the point.

I'm just interested what most people are using :)

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This will help you with your video memory problem
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-46/do-we-really-need-packed-textures-55616/
    It reduces texture cacheing which reduces video memory useage for graphic intensive skins

Is this still relevant with recent MP releases? Note final edit in first post (using a laptop with 128MB video RAM):
    Edit 2009-06-13: I must also report that the team has done great improvements in this matter (packed gfx). The reason I started this tread was that my laptop with 128MB gpu couldn't run MP without serious problems, but now I tried to run 1.0.2 without my ugly hack, and it runs smoothly even with Moving Pictures plugin. Great job everyone! My hack will probably not be needed anymore.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml file) of not caching all the textures, Swede's hack was no longer needed.

The setting is off by default still. You have to edit the xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom