What should I add to MyPictures? (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Canada Canada
Looking to add features to MyPictures. What is everyone looking for?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

How about an option to show an exif comment/description while in fulscreen/slideshow?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Country flag
    Adding support for the little video files that cameras can take would be good in IMHO.

Similar to the work being done here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ctures-also-includes-videos-34512/index3.html

I think these clips belong with the photos rather than videos.

Thanks
    Darro
    +1 too.

Also I would appreciate, if the picture database could be improved into the direction of the musicDB, that is:
    - Onlinewatching/Updates if Pictures being added in the directories including thumb creation
    - more databasefields to allow "tagging" of photocollection (date, topic, gps-coord, etc.)
    - A search function to search for tagged photos ("kids", "family", "2008", etc.)

regards,
    Guzzi

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Denmark Denmark
    You should make sure that pictures are not cropped when using filmstrip-mode, that is the main reason why I don't watch my +10.000 pictures on my TV, but on my PC.

If you have pictures in both landscape and portrait, MediaPortal crops them to same height/width in Filmstrip, instead of adding a black border on top/bottom or left/right.

Thx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A Should I buy this card in 2020? Newcomers Forum 9
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    W Strange recording behavior - Schedule shows type once when should be always General Support 1
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
    Timothy Cobb Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations Plugin Development 5
    E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    ajs 4911: Add properties support to TextColor and TextColorNoFocus MediaPortal 1 5
    mrbonsen plugin mypictures MediaPortal 1 4
    Top Bottom