What to do to Mediaportal for TV Server

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by telpee, October 25, 2006.

1. telpee

telpee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MediaPortal Version: 2.00 plus latest svn
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Pentium 950 Dual Core
    HDD:
    Memory: 2000mb
    Motherboard:
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Radeon X800
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.9
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Compro Videomate DVB-T300 Hybrid PCI
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lyxalig
    • Premium Supporter

Lyxalig MP Donator

IT student
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Huh?

4. telpee

telpee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have dutifully completely uninstalled mediaportal, reinstalled v 2.00 and latest SVN MediaPortal-svn--10-25-2006--00-59-Rev11316.exe and all went well. Even deleted existing TV cards from configuration.

Then installed SQL Server, TV Engine and user plugin, again all went well and was able to detect Digital Channels from my Compro DVB-T300 (Digital/analog hybrid), but analog channels caused tuning to crash, I understand analog not yet supported so no problem here yet.

I was even able to get the TV server working and stream to VLC with good quality sound and picture for digital channels. At this stage very happy, but when I go to Mediaportal it shows (2.1.0 on startup despite installing 2.00 and latest svn as above) and selecting MY TV does nothing unusual and does not ask for ip address of server as it is supposed to, since I have deleted existing TV cards (I read that somewhere for TV Server but cannot recall nor get back to it).

Please advise how to integrate TV Server with Mediaportal a few pointers on install mediaportla, do this, do that to it and so on

Thanks in anticipation

regards

5. telpee

telpee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found the answer, apart from IP message not given for same cpu as per TV server and client, in uninstalling mediaportal initially I had deleted all files including TV server client plugin, so hence not able to detect channels. Solution was to just reinstall client plugin and select a channel.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!