What type of display do MP users use? 720p+, 3:4 / 16:9 CRT, projector ore a monitor (1 Viewer)

What main display type are you using for MP (multiple options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

player-x

Portal Pro
February 4, 2005
Bergen, Norway
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
WOW only 1 in 5 cast a vote the rest doesn't got a TV/projector ?:eek:
Ore was the question to complicated hehe LOL:D

Think i seen this poll before but was some time a go but TV land has changed a lot in reason time
And a nice poll is always funny i think :)

After i got my self a nice 16:9 LCD I was just wondering what type of screens we MPers are using,
now that LCD's are getting a lot better and cheaper

And damn there are a lot of options out there, got to use the hole maximum of 10 poll questions :D

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So far I have 2 HTPC's and a third on the way in our house, and they are all connected to 4:3 CRT televisions ranging from 22" to 36".

One thing I love about HTPC's is their ability to adept to different situations: so when I upgrade my 4:3 CRT television to a 16:9 LCD set, I can do it simply by going from S-video to DVI. :D

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Damn a 36'' CRT you need a forklift to move that one and i was thinking that my old 32'' wide-screen was heavy 65KG of whits about 60kg glass :eek:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Damn a 36'' CRT you need a forklift to move that one and i was thinking that my old 32'' wide-screen was heavy 65KG of whits about 60kg glass

Thats what friends are for. :D

PS 26" Philips HDTV + 32" Panasonic widescreen CRT

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thats what friends are for. :D

hahaha! yeah it takes two of us just to move it and it sits in an enclosed entertainment unit. Believe me, it will be the first set to be replaced: It has served us well for over 10 years now.

You should have seen us install the HTPC... It's in there now and I hope i never have to move it! :p

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hahaha! yeah it takes two of us just to move it and it sits in an enclosed entertainment unit. Believe me, it will be the first set to be replaced: It has served us well for over 10 years now.

You should have seen us install the HTPC... It's in there now and I hope i never have to move it! :p
    you have some foto's maybe? :D

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Dell 2405.

24" 1080p capable (1920*1200max res) dell PC LCD.

Once I am convinced that I am happy with my old PC/LCD setup running MP, it will be replaced by a mac mini, and a 30 - 40" HDTV :D

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    you have some foto's maybe? :D

Sure. The fist picture is is the entertainment setup in the living room. You can see the HTPC in the bottom left shelf behind the glass. The second picture is the entertainment setup in the bedroom. The HTPC there is on the top right hand side of the entertianment unit. The second picture is a few years old, but the system, entertainment unit and television are setup the same today.

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom