What's your UK Freeview DVB-T signal strength? (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I remember correctly, when the retune took place here (winter hill TX & Granada region) I had huge probs with certain channels. Turned out they were transmitting at low power temporarily. It drove me mad until I found out what it was.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

That's because they let SpudR flick the switch ;)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also the signal strength reported by a lot of cards is set in the drivers and might not actually represent actual signal strength.

I think it is my Hauppauge Nova HD S2 actually reports a signal strength of 84% if I physically remove the cable and I believe it was my old Pinnacle 7010ix which would never actualy report more than 92% signal strength even though another card (my peak dual DVB-T) reports 100% with the same cable

Yes, but I think that's the value of compiling this data. Not as a substitute for measuring signal strength properly with a meter, but to show which cards influence (negatively or positively) the signal strength and so that people with the same cards can get an idea of whether their reported signal strength is "normal".

A much better measure is if you have good reception, or continuity errors in the TsReader/TsWriter logs.

Maybe people could also mention whether they have any reception problems with their card(s) and if they've noticed any continuity errors in the logs, but I'd mainly like to see a comparison of signal strength/quality by card for users to refer to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom