Whch codec for x264? (1 Viewer)

Salle

Portal Member
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can't play mkv-files, which codec do I need? Thanks in advance..

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
well... my boo, i've been a bit terse. sorry.
1) If you can spend 30$ then my advice is that you buy CoreAVC (http://www.coreavc.com). Their package bundles Haali's Media Splitter so take the opportunity to install it along with the main codec.
2) If you've either already bought a recent InterVideo's or Cyberlink's suite, then you just have to install Haali's Media Splitter separately (http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/).
3) If you're cheap then install both FFDShow (exclusively from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/) and Haali's Splitter.

Salle

Portal Member
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
PRoblem!! I've installed coreavc 1.2 and the haali matrosksplitter and the framerate i very low, like 5fps.. I have a core 2 dou 1,66ghz mobile cpu. Playback was very smooth earlier with VLCplayer in 720p and even 1080p worked well. Is there any settings that corrects this?

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
I've tested several revisions of the pro version (which provides SMP support, I hope you bought this one too) for more than a few months now and never had any problem. There is nothing to configure, really. Are you sure CoreAVC is used to decode your h.264 content? If you don't know how to proceed then start GraphEdit (graphedt.exe, google for it), click on "Render Media File...", select your video file and check if the CoreAVC DirectShow filter is somehow connected on your graph. Report back if you got further info.
For help you should also try to contact CoreCodec after-sales service (and because that doesn't seem to be a MediaPortal issue).

Salle

Portal Member
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Are you sure CoreAVC is used to decode your h.264 content? If you don't know how to proceed then start GraphEdit (graphedt.exe, google for it), click on "Render Media File...", select your video file and check if the CoreAVC DirectShow filter is somehow connected on your graph. Report back if you got further info.
For help you should also try to contact CoreCodec after-sales service (and because that doesn't seem to be a MediaPortal issue).

Yes I'm sure that coreAVC is used because before installation I couldn't play mkvfiles in MP. Thanks for the tip regarding GraphEdit, that surely would explain my problem since I have an integrated crappy graphics card. I will try that and give you feed back with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread