"When entering the TV screen" Go To EPG option (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Quite simply, I'd like to be able to set MP to go to the EPG when selecting TV from the Home screen, with it turning on only when I select a channel. This would avoid the problem of it going to the last watched channel, which may at the time be off-air and lead to the "Unable to start time-shifting" message. I generally don't want to watch the last watched channel anyway, so would prefer to see the guide so that I can see what's on and choose what to watch.

I know I can go to the EPG by pressing the Guide button on my remote, but some people forget or prefer to navigate the menus (and I dare say some people don't have a Guide/EPG button on their remotes).

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you unselect the option "Turn on TV" in MediaPortal Configuration > Television, then selecting "My TV" at the home screen will take you directly to the EPG button with TV still turned off. Clicking on the EPG button will bring up the EPG, from where you can select the channel/program you want to view. HTH ... :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks. Although not quite what I had in mind I think it will do and has got some advantages, such as giving the user the option of Recorded TV if that is what they wanted rather than LiveTV.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi doveman

If your remote has a TV Guide button (I think that is what it is called on MCE remotes) that takes you straight to the EPG without starting TV (even if TV is set to come on when selecting My TV). I sometimes use this to set a recording where I am not going to use TV and don't want to wait the 5 seconds or so it takes to initialise my TV cards.

Mew

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you are using the basic home screen, then you could just:
    a) Link the TV shortcut to the EPG
    and
    2) Map you remote so that [Live TV] = [EPG] command.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't normally use the Basic Home screen but how would I go about linking the TV shortcut to the EPG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom