When TVServer can not start... (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Recently I've had some issues to get TVServer to start during boot. I believe this has to do more with the integration of TVScheduler than with TVServer itself.

Anyway, since I have "Wait on TVServer" selected MP will wait fo the service to start. It seems as it will wait for about 1 min and then start anyway, no warning that TVServer failed (except in logs) etc.

To increase the WAF, would it be an option to give the user a choice to either start TVServer, or accept the limited functionality of proceed with MP without TVServer running? At least that would make it obvious to th user that something went wrong.

As it happened for me I left the HTPC booting and when I came back MP was up and I assumed everything was OK. Until I realized that I could not watch TV, and started to track the cause of this. My wife would have given up much earlier ;)

Just an idea...

/Peter

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Have you got any delay set in the TVServer itself, mine is set to not detect cards for 20 seconds and by that time everything else has had time to start correctly.

When you say fails to start tvserver is this from cold boot or resume from standby, if standby really would like too see your logs for this, as may be a link to another dual tuner problem, i am involved with.

Thanks

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ray,

The problem only occurs at cold boot. I'll check the TVServer delay later today when I get back home.

/Peter

BTW. What is the thread for the dual-tuner issue? I have a dual-tuner card (Terratec 2400i) and have had an issue for quite a while. After standby the tuner(s) stop working after some 5-8 minutes of TV.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ce-unresponsive-dual-tuner-dvb-t-cards-35543/

After setting up a dual time recording which forces both tuners to be used simultaneously, the graph is not cleanly closed for the 2nd tuner, TVServer on resume from standby is unresponsive and needs to be closed.

Have you had a similar problems with this, if you have really would be appreciated if you could post logs in above thread.

Cannot believe only me and scidoctor can repeat this everytime.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I guess mine is a different problem then. I watch only one channel and some 5-8 minutes after resume the picture freezes. If I change channel and then back again it works.

/Peter

I'm not sure my suggestion came across as clearly as I wanted to. The problem I see has probably nothing to do with TVServer. If I change back to an older version of TVScheduler it works fine. Also when I disable TVScheduler it works nicely.

My suggestion would be to give the user some kind of notification of the problem, i.e. TVServer not started, since the choosen behavior was to wait for TVServer to start. Despite this option being enabled MP starts without TVServer running which may cause some grief when trying to watch TV.

/Peter

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have some similar problems for 2-3 weeks now (before no problem).

The TV-Service starts (if you check out under services) but MP does not find it and if I start TV-Server configuration, it asks if it should start it. Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom