Where are all moving pictures settings and databases stored? (1 Viewer)

BachManiac

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi!

I bakup my HTPC with acronis true image, but the settings and databases from moving pictures should always be uptodate, so when I need to restore a bakup I don't want to have to archive all new films collected since the old bakup again.

So I want to extract the moving pictures-settings and database with a batch - script and therefore can you please tell me, where all this data is stored?

thanks!

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Moving Pictures Database can be found at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3" <<- for XP and for Vista --> "C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3".

btw: You can open and edit Database with eg. "SQLite Database Browser"

lg cilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice one @fischy667 - I hadn't noticed that option. Sounds like it'll do what I want - I'll give it a try later when people aren't watching stuff. EDIT: It worked :) Thanks again for the hint
    Nice one @fischy667 - I hadn't noticed that option. Sounds like it'll do what I want - I'll give it a try later when people aren't...
    I've moved all my big storage, including films, out of my media PC and onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to tell MovingPictures...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Local Data Refresh DE
    I also confirm that the issue is fine with movies. My initial query was because the importer was 'missing' some of the Season Posters and using the Series Poster by default. This is not resolved because there is no 'Refresh' Option for Seasons. So the only option at present is to remove the Series, double-check the info with tMM...
    I also confirm that the issue is fine with movies. My initial query was because the importer was 'missing' some of the Season...
    When I right-click (mouse) or Press 'i' (remote) I get the option to Reimport the data for a Movie or TV Series. This then...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    OK I have manually imported the moved recordings and all seems well. Yes I did restart the MP2 Server Service and the exception still occurred, however i have not had it recently since opening this thread. For the 'missing' recording post that seems to be resolved thanks to your help. Suggest we close this thread. Thanks for...
    OK I have manually imported the moved recordings and all seems well. Yes I did restart the MP2 Server Service and the exception...
    As a newcomer to MediaPortal I have installed MP 2.2.2. Ihave followed the setup guide and TV reception seems fine. I have set the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom