Where do i download PowerScheduler Plugin?! (1 Viewer)

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4
Windows Version: XP (SP2)
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
HDD: Maxtor DiamondLite 10?
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Asus A7V8X
Motherboard Chipset: VIA
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI Sapphire Radeon 9550 (256MB)
Video Card Driver: Latest..
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE
1. TV Card Type: Hardware
1. TV Card Driver: Latest...
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DeScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: DeScaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Telewest Broadband
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge MCE (Europe)
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Just a quick post - where is the PowerScheduler plugin download located? Have searched the forums to no avail and for some reason it's not under Downloads - Plugins on MP website....?

Lee

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lee,

Powerscheduler is standard component of your installation. It's installed by default. You can activate and configure it via the setup program under plugins (first enable then configure).

kr.
    Ruud.

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    it's in default distribution, go to setup plugins, configure and enable it and have fun!

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    So it is! Thanks guys. Must've missed it when i looked there before.

It still doesn't explain why my PC won't wake up to record as Powerscheduler was enabled and the default settings looked resonable. I've been putting my PC into S3 state via the MCE remote (Hauppauge PVR-150MCE variant), whereas i saw somewhere that it may only work using the Topbar power-off button....? Will try this next.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So it is! Thanks guys. Must've missed it when i looked there before.

It still doesn't explain why my PC won't wake up to record as Powerscheduler was enabled and the default settings looked resonable. I've been putting my PC into S3 state via the MCE remote (Hauppauge PVR-150MCE variant), whereas i saw somewhere that it may only work using the Topbar power-off button....? Will try this next.
    i have noticed that if you:
    1. add scheduled recording
    2. hibernate the pc directly after that

the wakeup timer is not set (can take a few seconds until it gets set).

so try to add a scheduled recording, watch a few minutes tv then hibernate the pc.

or set sleep timer to 3 minutes, leave MP on homescreen and it will hibernate the PC.

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    Will try this Chris, i have indeed been hibernating the PC literally seconds after setting a scheduled recording to test it out. I have been doing this with MP in the Home screen (not Basic Home - does this make a difference?)

So should the Powerscheduler still work correctly regardless of whether the PC is put to sleep using the remote/keyboard/MP Topbar?

Thanks for your help guys. Am getting into MP now i have the right hardware (i was getting frustrated before and was close to switching to Windows XP MCE....sorry). I didn't because i realise MP is better. It's a shame i'm not a 'softie' by trade as i feel a bit cheeky using this great bit of freeware and not giving something back....

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    Ok - it works, however it's quite annoying when MP hibernates the PC when i'm doing something else like browsing the web just because i minimised MP on the home page. Surely MP is clever enough to realise the PC is not idle?

Is this a 'feature' and hence no way around it? i.e. if i want to minimise MP and do something else then i eed to make sure i've not minimsed on the home page?

Trouble is MP won't minimise with TV switched on - but i guess that's something else i need to search the forum for a solution for....

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Yes at the moment this is a problem, hopefully a bit of a rewrite of the powerscheduler plugin will also take into account, pc activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom