Where do I find the latest MyBlaster? (1 Viewer)

voxmortis

Portal Member
May 19, 2005
Sydney, Straya.
I've been using a pretty flawless RC2 version of MP for a while now, and thought it time to u/g to RC4.

Imagine my horror when suddenly my STB channel isn't being changed by MP anymore... and what's more I search in the forums and find that other people have been having problems with MyBlaster since RC3.

Where is the latest MyBlaster download? I can't find it in the plugins sections... and have searched and searched, people say they've had problems finding it, have found it, and not mentioned WHERE they've found it!

TIA! Doug.

voxmortis

Portal Member
May 19, 2005
Sydney, Straya.
Thanks Michel.

Have tried both versions - I'm seeing the bud flash, but my STB isn't changing channels! Aaargh!!

It was working perfectly before I changed to RC4.

Is there anything else I need to do?!

One other thing - it used to be called MyBlaster.exe, any reason it's now Blaster.exe? I guess it shouldn't matter, as it's just the executable...

I'm using a PACE Foxtel Digital Box (thru Optus) - anyone else in Aus got their Blasters working?!

Scorpio92

March 22, 2006
French Probleme

Hello Scoop

I downloaded the new blaster.zip, but it does'nt wok for me.
I live in French en I have one Setup box: Freebox.

If I run blaster.exe, the log say me:
"collection has bin modified, enumeration can not run.."

If I delete myblaster.dat, It say me:
"...can't find myblaster.dat"

Could you resolve this issue for me and for all french user ? :wink:
Thanks

Scorpio92

winsys11

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Melbourne
My RC2 with MCE Remote and blaster worked perfectly with Pace STB

I upgraded to RC4, now there are no flashes from the IR bud when I try to change channels.
In MP setup >> plugins>>blaster, if I press "test" the bud flashes

OK, so I read the forum (thanks all !)

I D/L the latest Blaster.exe and DLL, install into MP RC4

Now, nothing works. I run blaster.exe outside MP (as suggested) and the test button no longer flashes the bud.

Any body have a working answer to this problem?. ( I have tried all suggestions up to now.)

TIA, Mark

winsys11

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Melbourne
update to IR problem

uninstalled and reloaded MCE transceiver driver.
Now I get the bud to flash, but the STB is blind

I tried to 'teach' blaster, that seemed ok, tested ok, but still the stb refuse to listen.

Just trying to get hold of the DC420 Pace dat file (my stb is ds420, but I guess the 'S' is for satelite, and 'C' is for cable version)

Tikker

Portal Member
June 5, 2006
I am relatively new to all this, and myblaster seems like what I need, but I can't find a lick of documentation to actually spell out what to do to make it work

If i unzip it into the plugin/process folder like the rest of the plugins, then run blaster.exe a new window pops up

but everything is greyed out, leading me to believe this isn't the way to do things

if I open up the MP setup utility, go to the plugin section, enable myblaster, then right click it and select Configure, nothing happens

so, how exactly do I make this thing work? (xp pro, with an hauppauge pvr-150 card/ir blaster)

winsys11

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Melbourne
I think XP doesn't come with native support for the MCE IR transceiver. It does come with Media Center Edition tho'.

There is another thread that details how/what to load to make it work under XP.

At the very least you need to load drivers and make sure the remote works _before_ you even worry about MP or blaster.

Tikker

Portal Member
June 5, 2006
the remote works just fine, the lack of being able to use the irblasters is what's killing me

winsys11

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Melbourne
I ran blaster.exe without running MP.

It seemed to work, but still wouldn't control my stb

I got hold of the DAT file for my pace, and now it 'magically' works fine.

what release of MP are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom