Where has my sound gone? (1 Viewer)

russty

May 7, 2006
I recorded a program the other day and found it was in dvr-ms and then someone on this forum said I could convert it to mpg in TV recordings section which I did, but now I find there is no sound!! And the original dvr-ms recording has been replaced by this mpg one, so where is the sound?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I fear it is gone. I assume you have done a recording from DVB?

In this case sometimes the audio stream is a DTS / AC3 stream. This stream gets lost on conversion. :(

Flip.

russty

May 7, 2006
    Oh!

Why can't you choose to record in mpg? Seems strange that MP only records in a format that does not eaisly allow editing and making into a DVD.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Its the format the microsoft stream buffer engine produces so until the TS recording engine is finished, dvr-ms will be used. It is a mpeg2 file its just inside a wrapper which allows metadata and some drm information. It can be converted to a .mpeg which allows easy enough editting. Cant comment on the converter in the myBurner plugin though.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Flip, DTS is not used for TV broadcast.

Anyway, if (AC3-) streams get lost on conversion, this looks like a bug and should be reported to our test team for further investigation.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's a restriction of the CyberLink Muxer used to perform this task.

We'll be moving to Transport Stream recording after the release which will solve that.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom