Where is latest 1.0.1 WebEPG zip file? (1 Viewer)

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: XP MCE

I have been fighting with WebEPG for a couple of days now (and avoiding MP 1.1 even though it includes WebEPG, because it is Beta). I have WebEPG to the point where I can see the data in TV Guide. The problem seems to be tied to the fact that I linked to a Central time zone database, but I live in the Eastern time zone (1 hour earlier). Initially the time zone difference was 5 hours but that was corrected in TV-server Config by going to the xmlTv pllugin, Settings tab, and checking the "Apply time compensaton..." box as well as putting a "1" into the "Hours" box. That aligned the correct shows with the correct time.

However, there is a notable problem with scrolling. When the data was 5 hours off, I could not get TV Guide to scroll past 18:00 (which took it through 18:59). Now with the time zone issue resolved, TV Guide will not scroll past 22:00 (which takes it through 22:59, which because of the 1 hour shift it apparently thinks is 23:59 or the end of the day). Then when I scroll to the next day, it will not let me scroll any earlier than the present time (nor past 22:00).

Is the zip file "WebEPG_MP_1_0_0_0_Release.zip" the latest version, as provided in webpage instructions : mediaportal - Setting up WebEPG ?

If that is the latest version, what in the world am I doing wrong?

Oh, if the answer is that I'll never get this working right for the US, then so be it. I'd rather know that than mess around with this any longer.

mashenden

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
BUMP

Please HELP.

I'll post a very good write-up on how to config WebEPG for the Eastern Time Zone in the US if I ever get it working.

Here is one point of confusion -

The directions in the mediaportal - Setting up WebEPG state:

"Step 1: First thing to do is replace the webepg-config.exe in the MediaPortal program directory with one that works. Download this version of WebEPG"

But the zip file does not have a "webepg-config.exe" file, only "webepg.exe" and "webepg.dll".

Is this why my WebEPG is not working?

UPDATE..

Here is the grabber I am using for EST to get most of the OTA HD channels in Richmond VA:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Grabber>
<Info availableDays="14" timezone="" version="2.0" />
<Channels>
<Channel id="CBS WTVR-HD 6-1" siteId="WTVRDT" />
<Channel id="CBS WTVR 6-2" siteId="WTVRDT2" />
<Channel id="ABC WRIC-HD 8-1" siteId="WRICDT" />
<Channel id="NBC WWBT-HD 12-1" siteId="WWBTDT" />
<Channel id="NBC WWBT 12-2" siteId="WWBTDT2" />
<Channel id="PBS WCVE-HD 23-1" siteId="WCVEDT" />
<Channel id="PBS WCVE 23-2" siteId="WCVEDT2" />
<Channel id="PBS WCVE 23-3" siteId="WCVEDT3" />
<Channel id="FOX WRLH-HD 35-1" siteId="WRLHDT" />
<Channel id="PBS WCVW 57-1" siteId="WCVW" />
<Channel id="CW WUPV-HD 65-1" siteId="WUPVDT" />

</Channels>
<Listing type="Html">
<Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]/?zip=23116&amp;tv_prov=VA45521&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]" post="" external="false" encoding="" />
<Html>
<Template name="default" start="single_station_container" end="">
<SectionTemplate tags="T">
<TemplateText>
&lt;tr class="station_listing"&gt;
&lt;td nowrap="1" align="right" width="60px"&gt;
&lt;a href="/tvgrid/2009-03-17/2336/#NBC"&gt;&lt;#START&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;b&gt;&lt;a href="/title/tt0305056/"&gt;&lt;#TITLE&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/b&gt;:&lt;#DESCRIPTION&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; </TemplateText>
</SectionTemplate>
</Template>
</Html>
</Listing>
</Grabber>

While this seems to get the right program info synced to the right time, the remaining problem is that when in TV Guide, it only shows a 5 hour window of data starting with the present time ... even when paging to the next day. Any ideas on how to correct that?

Mashenden

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Wish I could give you a clue. The grabber file looks just like mine, other than I am in WI, and I get 14 days worth that scroll great in MP. Did you look in the TVGuide.xml file to see if you have all of the data? If not, check the webepg log files for clues.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
Thank you for the ideas.

The data is definitely there. If the time is 3:00, then MP will show 3:00 thru 8:00 for each of the 14 days. If the time is 8:00 pm, then MP will show 8-midnight. It almost seems like this is a MP problem rather than WebEPG, but the bigger question is how to fix it.

[UPDATE] This turned out to be a misunderstanding on the function of the scroll button on the second line. Apprently this scroll is not meant to scroll through the data, only to change the timeframe displayed. Oddly there isn't a scroll bar to scroll through the data. One is suppoed to know to go to a channel and use the Right Arrow. Seems to me the icon at the end of each channel row would scroll but at this point it does not . This is not an issue if you are a Remote Control user, but if you are using a keyboard, it seems limiting.

I'll request this as an improvment one day along with a request to make the EPG date matches the date format set in the config.

Currently (unless I am missing it) there is no way to change the date to MM/DD format. Granted this is only a US issue but why not use the config format in the Guide and make the US MP users happy :)

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Would the MP logs show something? Do you know how to look in SQL server to see if all of the data is there?

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
Is the zip file "WebEPG_MP_1_0_0_0_Release.zip" the latest version, as provided in webpage instructions : mediaportal - Setting up WebEPG ?
mashenden

While I was successful at importing guide data and using it within MP and FTR, I am not getting the data downloaded automatically.

In looking at the webpage MediaPortalSetup_WebEPG - MediaPortal Manual Documentation, I am still perplexed that it skips over a vital first step... That being where to get the most recent download and where to put the file???

Then in looking at webpage mediaportal - Setting up WebEPG it says "the first thing to do is replace the WebEPG-config.exe with one that works". This webpage notes a download site, which is where I found the 1.0.0.0 zip file, but that zip file only has WebEPG.dll and WebEPG,exe - no replacement WebEPG-Conf.exe. Very confusing.

Regardless, I used this zip file and followed the rest of the directions with some success. This one indicates that configuration is done on the XmlTV plugin, It was successful at producing usable EPG data (yea), but there is no mention on how to set things up to schedule downloads to automatically happen daily.

On the first webpage noted above, it indicates that there should be a WebEPG plugin (which mine does not) that also should have a Schedule tab (which mine also does not, but I seemingly need). Since I could not find a download that produces this plugin, I am lost.

Is 1.0.0.0 the right version?

Am I missing something?

What are my options for scheduling the downloads automatically?

Also if anyone has a overview of the pros and cons of DVB-EPG, XMLTV, WebEPG, mc2xml and the EPG related to FTR, I would like to see it. This many choices with so little details or conflicting information is making it near impossible to set EPG up right. (I have been trying since 2006 :))

mashenden

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    MediaPortal 1.0.1 already contains the right version of WebEPG. You do not need to download anything else. The article you are referring to, is for 1.0 and the download contains some fixes that where missed in the original 1.0 release of MediaPortal.

With version 1.0.1 and later you should not have any such problems

To get WebEPG to run on a schedule, you have to enable WebEPG plugin in MediaPortal configuration and set the appropriate schedule there.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    MediaPortal 1.0.1 already contains the right version of WebEPG. You do not need to download anything else. The article you are referring to, is for 1.0 and the download contains some fixes that where missed in the original 1.0 release of MediaPortal.

With version 1.0.1 and later you should not have any such problems

To get WebEPG to run on a schedule, you have to enable WebEPG plugin in MediaPortal configuration and set the appropriate schedule there.

I am using MP 1.0.2 but I do not see WebEPG in the Plugin section within MediaPortal Config (I am also using TV Server). Should it automatically be there or do I need to do something to get it to show up?

malkowitz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 4, 2008
    Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Where is latest 1.0.1 WebEPG zip file?

Hallo all,

I got the same problem as Mashenden?!? There is no PlugIn to find in "MediaPortal Configuration -> PlugIns".
    Also there is no WebEPG to find in "MediaPOrtal TV Server Configuration -> PlugIns".
    In the program directory ("C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\") I can find:

WebEPG.dll
    WebEPG.exe
    WebEPG-Config.exe

all with date: 10th April 2009

:confused: How can I get WebEPG running? :confused:

I am using MP 1.0.1.

Thank You very much for help.

done:
    After updateing to MP1.1 everything works fine!

Thank You for this super program.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am using MP 1.0.2 but I do not see WebEPG in the Plugin section within MediaPortal Config (I am also using TV Server). Should it automatically be there or do I need to do something to get it to show up?

I remember when I used MP 1.0.2 back in the 1800s :)
    I used to just create a Windows Scheduled Task to run WebEPG.exe every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom