Which button to skip through mp3s? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Using MP 1.0 Final and internal bass engine for music playback.
    Is there a key to skip through the current mp3 track (eg +15 sec etc..)
    I have tried F5/F6 and arrow keys, they don't do anything.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    F7 = previous, F8 = next

[edit]
    Oh, just reread your post and you are talking about skipping as in ffw :)
    Forget my answer ;)
    [/edit]

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah, skipping within a mp3 track =)
    or play x2,x4,x8,x16,x32 speed if the above aint possible.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    strange F6 does nothing with internal music player bass engine.

Should i expect F6 to skip +15sec or F6 to speed up x2,x4,x8,x16 etc.. ??

fshagan

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using a streamzap remote, and the "skip" forward within the song is the key with ">> " on it. To skip backward a few seconds in the song you press the "<<" key. To skip to the next song, its the ">>|" key, and to restart the same song press "|<<" (press again to go to the prior song).

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    strange F6 does nothing with internal music player bass engine.

Should i expect F6 to skip +15sec or F6 to speed up x2,x4,x8,x16 etc.. ??

F6 with BASS as music player uses the "Skip Steps" Settings of the General section.
    just tried it again.
    Pressing F6 once, skips 15 secs in my case. pressing F6 twice, skips 30 secs.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    with dshow filter for Music settings i can use F5/F6 to play @ x2,x4,x8 etc... but with internal bass player nothing happens.

my mistake it does seem to work now.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    should work with BASS as well. i'm using it very often, when testing something in the music section, so that i can jump near to the end of a song, without the need to liste it completely.
    just make sure that the skip steps are set and then it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread