Which CAM for Canal Digitaal? (1 Viewer)

Cryptos

Portal Member
November 1, 2010
Hello,

I want to use my dutch Canal Digitaal card with my new Digital Devices Cine S2 with CI-module.
The problem I'm facing is that I don't know which cam is supported by canal digitaal AND by the cine S2?
I tried using Powercam PRO, which doesn't get detected by the Cine S2. And I tried Alphacrypt light, which "doesn't support smartcard".

Now before buying another random which will not work, I'd like to know which one does work.
Hope someone can help me.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Not sure if it will help but I bought a Canal Digitaal CAM and smartcard from their website and use it with one of my Technotrend S2-3200 cards with CI module. Works without any problems.

Cryptos

Portal Member
    November 1, 2010
    Hello, thanks for your reply.

After reinstalling the newest 2.xx driver, I got it to work with Powercam PRO.
    But when I try to scan channels with CI activated, all it says is "nothing found" for each channel. Also when I open mediaportal and try to watch a channel I previously scanned, it says "can't create graph".

Does anyone know a solution for this?

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Cryptos, you don't need to have the CI module activated to scan for channels. Encrypted channels will appear with a red icon before the name and clear channels with a green icon. Try selecting 'advanced tuning options' to manually scan a single transponder with some "known" channels. I find KingOfSat a very useful resource for tuning details.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Cryptos
    I'm a TV Vlaanderen user from Belgium. Actually, your provider and mine work closely together.
    Under the assumption that your CI card is probably comparable to mine I presume my CAM would also work for you.
    I'm using an Aston Seca Cam 2.2
    Best regards,
    Berns

Volture79

March 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well Berns,

Canal Digitaal uses SECA 3 which will not work with your CAM. I'm troubled with the same problem as Cryptos. Same provider and trying to get pay-tv working without hardware CAM under Mediaportal in Windows (Vista). It's hard to find anyone how;s in the same position. Isn't there anybody who knows what softcam works and tell me and others how it works?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is not permitted to discuss softcam support on this forum. Thank you for respecting our rules :)

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Anybody else using an Aston Seca CAM 2.2 in combinaton with a Dutch Canal Digitaal CIM? If yes, please validate functionality.
    Anybody else using a Powercam Pro in combination with a Dutch Canal Digitaal CIM? If yes, please inform Cryptos how you got it to work.

Cryptos,
    I'm trying to help you further:
    According to Rian
    Powercam pro CAM is compatible with Seca 1+ 2, Conax, Cryptoworks, Viaccess 1+2, Betacrypt
    Aston Seca Cam 2.2 is compatible with Seca 1+ 2 +3
    As Volture79 points out you will need a Seca 3 compatible CAM.
    Now I don't know if it is possible to update the PowerCAM to suport Seca 3. Maybe your vendor or the manufacturer of the CAM can help.

Volture79,
    For your info:
    In the first half of 2010 TV Vlaanderen changed all the CIM's from its customers as it has also introduced SECA3.
    I can only tell everyone that the combination between my Aston Seca Cam 2.2 and the TV Vlaanderen CIM runs snoothly.
    I'm currently receiving crypted broadcasts from Ned1, 2 and 3 on 19.2 12515 H 22000 5/6 that are included in my TV Vlaanderen subscription.
    (Even without having a look at the list I'm quite sure you will find that the information will be the same on the "zenderlijst" from TV Vlaanderen and from Canal Digitaal for those broadcasts)
    So it's quite safe to say my Aston seca CAM 2.2 is Seca 3 compatible.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Cryptos,
    Good news. The anybody else just became a somebody else. Have a look here

Phaedra

Portal Pro
    January 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I bought the Digital Devices Octopus, with 2 Duoflex DVB-S2 tuner cards and their CI module.
    Apparently the standard TV Vlaanderen CAM does not work in that configuration.
    According to DD support, this CAM does not support MTD.

How could one know which CAM supports this ?
    I would consider the Aston, but does this support MTD ?

I installed MP 1.2.0 in which this DD card is supported, but I run into quite some problems.

When I look in the TV Vlaanderen channel list, I get frequencies like 12187, 12525.
    In MP TV server however, these numbers are more in the range of 11023000.

When I try to scan a channel manually on frequency 12187 (on the correct satellite of course), I get no signal...

Where's the difference ? Why are these numbers so different ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom