Which case? Antec Fusion Remote VS MSI Media Live (1 Viewer)

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi! I am going to build a HTPC from the ground of, and I am starting with the case. I am concidering the two mentioned in the title:

Antec Fusion Remote
    MSI Media Live

As far as I can see, both have an integrated LCD display, IR sensor and remote control. MSI also have music control buttons (play/pause/next etc), and Antec does have a volume knob. This seems good - but it's important that they work as they should:
    • Remote: Good buttons, good range, build quality
    • LCD: Good and readable characters
    • All: Compatible with different software (probably Media Portal, but should also support others)
    • All: Not dependent on ugly bloatware
    • Buttons/volume knob should also work.
    • Good support software/drivers

Can anyone give me pointers about the quality of the different cases regarding these points?

I also appreciate feedback about the two cases regarding other aspects related to HTPC (build quality, noise, compability, etc etc)
    :)

oddsocks

Portal Member
    October 10, 2008
    Hi,
    I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor.
    Quite honestly, and I think you'll find this is generally accepted, the VFD is a piece of s**t.
    I have now taken the VFD out of the equation and replaced it with a Microsoft IR/Remote.
    The V2 (Black) has an LCD instead of a VFD.

I know the Antec Fusion now comes with a remote but dont know how successful this is.

Bascially, the Fusion is really good but if I was staring out now with what I have learnt from various forums
    I would probably go for a Zalman.

If you want advice about HTPCs your best bet is to take a look at

Theydons HTPC and PC upgrade Project - Page 34 - AVForums.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    I have released an improved version of the config file and AutoHotKey script for the Ortek/Hama remote control, available from the post below: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/vista-mce-remote-control-vrc-1100.94301/page-6#post-1198295 -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have released an improved version of the config file and AutoHotKey script for the Ortek/Hama remote control, available from the...
    Hello! Upgrading to MP 1.12 gives me some trouble using my remote controls and defining the proper button codes in the proper...
    Replies
    Views
    Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at Emby rather than Plex. Emby is basically a competitor to Plex. And, they just added native support for the HD HomeRun for Live TV. Their big thing is that they want the TV guide to be "stunning". It would...
    Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at...
    Just wanted to give you a heads up on my recent and very first install of your software. I have Plex and I use PlayOn and I just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom