Which Driver to User for TT-S2 3650-CI (1 Viewer)

Vlaves

Portal Pro
September 24, 2004
Hi,

I have Problems with my S2-3650-CI :(
Which Driver to use with this Card in Windows 7 when using an CAM to watch Sky Germany.

Thanks for any hints.

Regards
Vlaves

PS and if you could also post which MP Version you use, thanks again :)

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I used version 1.4.0 with RC2 and Win7 without satisfaction.
    I came back to Windows XP with driver version 1.3.8 and MP RC3 (with not more satisfaction). I'm still looking for the good combination. :-(

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    A few hours later...

I try 1.0.2.10 (the original from my driver disk) for about 30 minutes with havy channel changes, radio, TV, SD, HD, etc.
    Up to now, no BSOD, no "Scrambled channel" message at all.

Vlaves

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2004
    A few hours later...

I try 1.0.2.10 (the original from my driver disk) for about 30 minutes with havy channel changes, radio, TV, SD, HD, etc.
    Up to now, no BSOD, no "Scrambled channel" message at all.

Thanks for the Info :)

So again, just to make it clear for me. You use Win7, MP 1.1 RC3 and the Driver 1.0.2.10 and all is working fine?

Thanks again

Regards
    Vlaves

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Vlaves,
    Sorry, but I use XP SP3 (like said in "My System" ;-) )
    I didn't try with Win7. I don't know if this driver can work.
    If you need the driver, I can provide it to you tonight.

Best regards,

JC

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Here is a little more info.

I had some (not often) "Scrambled Channel" message.
    I'm know trying with the Satelco version Satelco - Service und Produkte wie EasyWatch USB, TV-Karten, PC-Karten, HDTV, Steckkarten für Kabelturbo, Steckkarten für Satellitenempfang, Steckkarten für digitalen terrestrischen Empfang, USB-Boxen, EasyWatch, DVB-S Karten, DVB-S2 Karten, DVB-C Ka
    This is the same hardware. They provide driver version 1.0.2.9. Up to know, I don't have any problem (since yesterday).

I will keep you posted in a couple of days.

PS : Still with windows XP.

I added a page in the wiki : Technotrend - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    Please add your information there. We have the oportunity to centralize our info, let's use it!

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all, I've been using 2x floppy-DTV-S2 for an initiation timeframe with splendid success. The old units require a bunch of power to remain stable. I de-fitted one, because we didn't use PVR nor multiple clients until now.
    Now, while the kids are getting older, and while aMPdroid provides excellent view of live TV on a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in combination with MX player, it was time to re-hook the second lead.
    As there is nor resurrection of the floppy-DTV-S2, I decided to browse the market and the compatibility lists. I wanted to go USB external this time, bringing me ultimate flexibility.
    There was a choice to be made with a limited budget of €100 I allowed myself:
    1x TT-connect S2 3650-CI or 2x satelco easywatch DVB-S2 CI.
    I chose the last option, allowing me to test progress while I go between an untouched devide and one that might be altered.

On my test installation with MP 1.9 I had intermittend "channel scrambled" issues at first.

With just a day of trial and error I finally did this:
    Hook the easywatch
    It identifies as TT-2.0 in the device manager
    Install the latest BDA driver (but not the one specially made for mediacenter) from TT (Is a prerequisite for next step) manually
    Flashed the easywatch with lattest tt-connect firmware
    D-installed the TT drivers
    Installed the published driver from Satelco
    (I actually discovered that there are 2 separate locations to find these drivers, one holds a TT-driver, the other the true driver from Satelco.)
    The driver I installed is the same as the one that Jean-Christophe refers to above.
    Things look stable.

I then moved my new easywatch from my test environment to my live user environment that runs MP1.3
    The easywatch is installed to hit channels whenever the Floppy is already delivering service and can't add more to it.
    As I'm in Belgium, I can easily test if decoding works by asking for example VTM HD first and then Een HD. They are so diverse in satellite/transponder configuration that you need two receivers to receive and decode them at the same time.

I'm using a smart-wii to provide decoding to both receivers, both receivers have an aston seca CAM 2.2. The Floppy is configured with the special aston configuration for best operation, the Easywatch produces best results with the general settings.

Hope this is of any help to people in the search for a good USB DVB-S2 CI receiver.

Brumba

December 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all,

Would you know where I can download the Saltelco driver 1.0.2.9. for the TT-S2 3650 CI?

After re-installing the OS I realised that the Saltelco website has only the newer TT 1.0.3.9 which does not work for my HD channels.

Many thanks,
    Brumba

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Brumba :)

Would you know where I can download the Saltelco driver 1.0.2.9. for the TT-S2 3650 CI?
    I don't have it, and I don't think it's available for downloaded anymore either.
    If you want, I can give you version 1.0.2.8. That's the version that was on the CD included in the product package.
    Otherwise I suggest you contact Satelco and/or TechnoTrend and ask them to give it to you.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom