Which EPG guide for Belgium - Dutch? (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

I have been using MP now for a few months and I like it VERY much.
    A few days ago I had to reinstall my htpc completely because of a directx problem and now it's almost back to it's previous state of functionality.

For now, I just want to configure the epg but I have a question about that. I have seen the different possibilities on http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/UserGuides/Country_based_EPG but I cannot distinguish the differences in the options that I have.
    In my case, I can go for WebEPG, XMLTV and TVxb but I have no clue which one to choose.
    Okokok, I know that just by testing I would find out myself and if it were not for being afraid to screw up my config, this shouldn't be any problem.

I have been using jXMLTV before but never got all my channels listed because of a wrong mapping of name.
    Until now I have not installed java - is not installed yet - and I don't know if there is an advantage to go for jXMLTV again.

So here are my questions:
    1) Does any of you out there has tried all three and is there an obvious preference/advantage to go for one of them?

2) I'm trying WebEPG right now and there are a few channels with a 'No data available' message. As far as I understood the explanation of using WebEPG, this should not happen.
    I have removed the channels from the EPG configuration utility and added again but no changes.
    Any idea why it is like that?

3) In some program names and details there should be a quote sign to abbreviate some words but this is displayed as a little rectangle.
    Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks big time for any enlightenment.
    Peter

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I've tried them all, and I recommend, to stick with JXMLTV, it has the most available grabbers that are useful, skynet and teveblad, combining the two you get a fairly complete channels list. In time we'll get even TELENET EPG(perhaps?).....

great benefit: it caches its data and its fast

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

2) I'm trying WebEPG right now and there are a few channels with a 'No data available' message. As far as I understood the explanation of using WebEPG, this should not happen.
    I have removed the channels from the EPG configuration utility and added again but no changes.
    Any idea why it is like that?

3) In some program names and details there should be a quote sign to abbreviate some words but this is displayed as a little rectangle.
    Is there a way to correct this?

Please provide details of the channels, site and a log file for these problems and I can fix them. (If no one tells me its not working it won't get any better ;) )

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi James,

You are right that it's quite hard to solve any possible bugs if they are not known.
    It was because I didn't know whether this was due to my particular configuration, therefore I asked around here to see if someone else had similar problems.

In the meantime, I have sold my HTPC and most likely I will order the parts for a new one this week. Probably the installation will be comparable with what I had before so in case I have the same issues, I'll get back to you.

Thanks a lot for offering help!
    P.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi James, I have this 'rectangular sign' problem again with my new installation.
    Have a look at my attached screen shot to see what I mean.

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I'm also having some problems with special caracters like ' and &, & is dislayed like &, does anybody have a solution for this? It is happening with WebEPG and it also happend with JXMLTV.

codemann

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What do you guys use nowadays?
    jXMLTV is indeed switched to commercial use. I'm going to try WebEPG now, should I bother trying XMLTV and TVxb? And is jXMLTV worth its money?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Myself I switched to webepg as well when jxmltv turned commercial.

There are indeed a few issues when using it. There is a thread about this.

I managed to more or less pinpoint the issue and give a hint as how to fix it, but I cannot fix it myself. Maybe together we can attract attention from the devs to this thread so this issue gets fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom