Which EPG program do you use? (Swedish users only) (1 Viewer)

Krazz

Portal Pro
December 17, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have created a EPG program for Sweden which is currently in Pre-release (I have a few beta testers). It works well with MP and MCE right now.

I'm a bit curious what everyone else in Sweden is using for EPG-grabbing right now?

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Krazz,

I currently use webEPG to grab data from ww.dagenstv.com. It works quite well (after some tweaking to the grabber template).

I'm interested to hear what improvements you have in your new EPG program. If you nede testers I can also help.

/Peter

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Krazz.

I'm also interested in your new program, is it fully integrated into MP, so it will start up the computer and get new data or how is it working? By the way, currently I'm using WebEPG.

/Juppe

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's not fully integrated yet but I have plans of doing it. My idea is to have it export data straight into the MP database (also working out how to export into MCE database). This will allow me to wake up the computer, update the EPG-info, and then put the computer back to sleep again.

Right now I am running the program as a scheduled task which wakes the computer up. Unfortunately it doesn't go back to sleep again (unless you tweak Power Scheduler to do this).

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Krazz,

I hope this doesn't come across badly, but everytime I see such a post I think to myself "here we go again. NOT another EPG grabber program".

Rather then create yet another epg program. Would you consider working to improve our existing program?

I know having your own project is great, because you get the control. However, I think contributing to the team effort offers a greater reward.

Regards,

/James

Krazz

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

How can I improve on the existing grabbers?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom