Which remote? (vista 64-bit) (1 Viewer)

malcy2

Portal Member
July 23, 2008
Does MediaPortal Team recommend any particular remote that will work with Vista 64-bit, Mediaportal and the blu-ray plugin for PowerDVD?

Many thanks

Baptizt

July 13, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am using MCE remote from Microsoft. I only use the IR reciever. With the Harmony One it all works fine.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    The microsoft MCE remote is probably the most widely used and supported. It's fairly expensive compaired to many other remotes, but it is very well made and the rciever has a nice long USB cable.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The MCE remote is fairly cheap (£20) considering you get a decent remote, IR receiver and two extender things to control STBs

• In my experience works out the box with MP (and other software) without having to resort to HIP etc
    • Remote is of good quality
    • You can use remote to control volume on seperate AMP
    • Allows you to add MCE keyboard which is dead handy with its extra media buttons

All in all I would recomend this

bfj

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Microsoft MCE really is as good as they say, especially everything is mapped already :)

malcy2

Portal Member
    July 23, 2008
    The MCE remote is fairly cheap (£20) considering you get a decent remote, IR receiver and two extender things to control STBs

• In my experience works out the box with MP (and other software) without having to resort to HIP etc
    • Remote is of good quality
    • You can use remote to control volume on seperate AMP
    • Allows you to add MCE keyboard which is dead handy with its extra media buttons

All in all I would recomend this

Which one do you have?

I found that there seem to be several different versions and different prices (although many sites dont specify which version they are selling). For example, I have found a90-00001, a90-00007, a90-00009 and more. Its hard finding detailed info on what the difference is. My crucial requirement is it works with MP in vista 64.

Also, I read elsewhere some people having issues and needing e.g. HIP, whereas in this post people have suggested there is no need - is this because of different version of MCE, or OS, or something else?
    (see here: Project HTPC Forums In partic comment: "What exactly is the point of MP listing the remote as an interface device when it doesn't seem to support any of its functions?")

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom