Which Version for wife factor (i.e. works) (1 Viewer)

jimbo19

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Been trying to get RC1 working so I can replace vista mce . I have done clean win xp mce2005 build with rollup 2 and sp3 etc. Only problem is I just can't get MP working stable enough , it seems to have too many gui hangs etc and I can't even kill the gui with ctrl alt del , I actually have to reset the Pc . Obviously ther is no way this will pass the wife factor. Would I be better off using the latest svn or is RC2 not far away from release ?

jimbo19

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Home Country
System is Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H ,core2duo cpu, 2gb ram , ati 3450 ,500gb sata samsung drive , LG bluray writer, Firedtv dvb-s2 with cam and sky card ,pinnacle 7010i dual tuner (not being used in MP until I can get it stable with firedtv)
The system is stable with vista mce , but I would prefer to use winxp and MP if I can get it stable
Only codecs installed are from the exellent pdf found on here

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Are you using any plugins, over the ones that are activated with MP

Is TVServer working fine with the DVB-S2, Reports of 7010 working fine with TVServer (Dual DVB-T\DVB-S Use blackgold 6in1 driver)

Can you access channels using preview.

Might be worthwhile using MPTestTool from your start menu to Repeat error and gather logs.

ps system specs should have no problem that i know of.

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    No plugins activated other than those that install initially.
    I can preview and watch channels within MP fine , but after a while flicking through various menus the GUI just seems to hang
    However although my sky card has HD subscription I cant view any of these using mediaportal (exept bbc hd which is now free) it gives scrambled signal message. These channels decode fine if using firedtv viewer

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Seems to be much more stable since editing out and not viewing any pay HD channels. However , decided to test recordings this evening and ........
    They record because I can see them in the correct recording folder with explorer , however nothing shows up in recorder tv on media portal :(
    I have read that this can sometimes be a corruption in the sql database , is there an easy way to fix this ?

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Ray ,
    yes using ts as default will have a look at MPTestTool

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Have attached logs here from a quick test :D

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Also getting a problem very oftem with the GUI
    Problem is when switching to a channel with no audio/video signal , the my tv pop up box appears asking if you want to tune to previous channel .
    About 50% of the time when using the remote to say "yes" or "no" , the remote will actually move the tv guide behind. This then means the pop up box is stuck permanently in foreground and cannot be changed :(
    This eventually leads to MP locking up and needing to be restarted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom