AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi to all,
    I have been looking into the visualisation side of things since the WAF asked me if she could have a better one than the old windows media player one, whilst playing music.
    So I had a look around to see what I could find and I found this White Cap

I am not really into the visualisations like G-Force, Milkdrop2 or R4 etc. (sorry to all the lovers of those)
    They just all look to cluttered and not organized to me, just a mix of all sorts.

I really liked White cap so I downloaded the free version (has some things poping up every now and then).

I copied the install dll files like you did for milkdrop2 into the media portal directories.
    When I open up the media portal config, and go to the drop down for the visualisations, it is in the list.
    Now if I select it, WHite Cap appears briefly in the prieview window below, quickly followed by a black screen with a message "your graphics card does not support this" or something similar (cant remember exactly of the top of my head)
    I have a GTX280 in my HTPC so i really dont think it is that. I can only assume that there is another file that is required to make it work??

Any ideas anyone??

Regards

Kev

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    At the time we introduced support for Soundspectrum Visualisations, WhiteCap wasn't suppored by their APIs.
    Now the new version should be.
    I've just tested it with the newly downloaded version and it returns an information that this vesion of WhiteCap is still not supported.

Wrote a mail to SS support.
    will be away next week, so don't expect something earlier, but i keep you posted

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi hwahrmann,

Many thanks for that, I will eagerly await and lets hope they get back to you.

Theres no rush for me though. So dont worry about that, all good things come to those who wait........

Hope your week away is pleasure & not work.

Thanks again

Regards

kev

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi hwahrmann,
    Just wondered if you had received anything back from the email that you sent to SS support?
    Regards

Kevin

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Ok no problem. I think I will have a go on there forum to see if I can find anything out.

Regards

Kev

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    From the whitecap forum
    Though we have in the past, we do not currently offer support for MediaPortal. We used to be in contact with people on the MediaPortal team and worked with them for support of our plug-in within their media player. Unfortunately, the updates they have released since have not taken our software into account, and it has become impractical to continue to develop support for their platform.
    Helpful then..!

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    :rolleyes:

Oh well. Don't see it as Media portal's fault. Seems more like they are to busy with other things, or they just don't want to support MP anymore.

Never mind, Media Portal has far to many good things to worry about whitecap.

Thanks for looking into this though :)

Regards

Kev

p13man

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    alternative

:rolleyes:

Oh well. Don't see it as Media portal's fault. Seems more like they are to busy with other things, or they just don't want to support MP anymore.

Never mind, Media Portal has far to many good things to worry about whitecap.

Thanks for looking into this though :)

Regards

Kev

Just noticed this thread hoping someone had found a way to load whitecap. Nevermind, though as you say only a minor disappointment.

BTW, have you tied Phthalo's Corona? It's been around a while but works ootb in MP. Install (as win media play plugin) and MP sees it and uses it. Can be DL'd here.

Attachments

• 292.jpg
      292.jpg
      90.3 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    From the whitecap forum
    Though we have in the past, we do not currently offer support for MediaPortal. We used to be in contact with people on the MediaPortal team and worked with them for support of our plug-in within their media player. Unfortunately, the updates they have released since have not taken our software into account, and it has become impractical to continue to develop support for their platform.
    Helpful then..!

Really interesting.
    We kept sending them mails continously and they didn't response at all.
    will try to write something in their forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom