Who can implement two new features to PowerScheduler_Client PLugin - NOT FOR FREE (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

I need two new features in powerscheduler_client plugin - but i've no skills in C / C++ programming - so i cannot do it myself - but i'll pay for the changes. Also i'll give the patches back to the community.

First feature:
    I need a new option in the powerscheduler_client plugin which always sends a no_shutdown to the tvserver, as long as MP is running.

Why?:
    I've a TV-Server with MP Client and a second machine only running mp client. When i'm watching movies through a network share or pasue a recording then tvserver shutsdown but it shouldn't. When now the powerschedulerclient would send, as long as MP is running on the second machine, sends a no_shutdown message - the tv-server will not go to standby until the client is offline.

Second feature:
    A keyboard shortcut in powerscheduler_client which checks if the system can go offline (running resordings, connected clients, ...) and if it possible it goes to standby otherwise it will display an OSD info which tells you - that it cannot shutdown.

Why?:
    Under vista - MP cannot prevent going to standby - so when i press standby the tv-server goes immediatly to standby - even when a recording is running. If MP will handle the "go to standby" then it is able to do nothing when the key is pressed.

If you would like to do the job please post here your questions and please post a fix price for each feature. I'll pay 50% before and 50% after the job is done.

Best regards,
    Stefan

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice suggestions, although an unusual way of asking :)

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot :) I really want these features and who knows when the "real" developers have time to do this and i've to problem to pay for the features and to "opensource" the result. So i hope somebody has time to do this.

canarygsr

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I think the plugin would be better if when you press "power", just check if the TV server service is doing anything (recording,streaming,EPG grabing, etc) and if its not then allow the server to shutdown.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    canarygsr
    Where is the difference to my suggestion? I only would habe a Keyboard Shortcut so that i can assign a button on my remote to the shortcut.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The main problem is that vista has no built in feature to avoid the standby...:mad: like xp where is no problem.

im my spare time im trying to finish my Standby.Watcher plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tandby-til-recording-has-finished-goes-39625/)... unfortunately i have not found the last open solution to recognice if the power button was pushed on the pc (remote) when the function is (automaticly) disabled i the power settings.

i have not found any windows hook for that. :mad:

If anyone has a tip how to recognize the power button, let me know that.
    :D

MoPhat

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Why?:
    Under vista - MP cannot prevent going to standby - so when i press standby the tv-server goes immediatly to standby - even when a recording is running. If MP will handle the "go to standby" then it is able to do nothing when the key is pressed.

As a easy sollution for that:

1) configure PS to allow shut down / standby only when in MP home screen
    2) Disable MCE remote power button (somewhere in Vista control panel)
    3) when wanting HTPC to go to standby press MCE green button -> MP goes to the homescreen
    4) press stop if media was playing

as a result MP will go into standby after few minutes (depends how much the setting in PS has been configured). In a worst case it will take one more remote key press (stop).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your help - but i really want THESE features and i'll pay fo them if wants to earn a money :) If then somebody likes the features he can use them otherwise i'll use these features alone. I do not want to use these thread for workarounds (*sorry*).

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The main problem is that vista has no built in feature to avoid the standby...:mad: like xp where is no problem.

im my spare time im trying to finish my Standby.Watcher plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tandby-til-recording-has-finished-goes-39625/)... unfortunately i have not found the last open solution to recognice if the power button was pushed on the pc (remote) when the function is (automaticly) disabled i the power settings.

i have not found any windows hook for that. :mad:

If anyone has a tip how to recognize the power button, let me know that.
    :D

MoPhat

I know from earlier when i tested to catch "suspend" button on a MCE remote that you can disable it in vista power settings & edit MCE remote handling in MP to do something when that button it's pushed, but i didn't go any further since that was to much work ;)

regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom