Who has PowerScheduler working like it should in RC4 and 1.0 final?? (1 Viewer)

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Lelystad
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

S3 standby and resume works perfectly on my system. But, when the system wakes up due to a scheduled recording by PowerSchedular I have the following issues.
- Unreliable recording(s)
- Black screen while MP is running in the background (only a restart can fix this)

I think something is wrong with the PowerScheduler in combination with RC4 and 1.0 final. PowerScheduler don't wake up all the necessary modules of the system? Or?

Have anybody here a good working PowerScheduler in combination with RC4 or 1.0 final.

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,
Nico

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    think something is wrong with the PowerScheduler in combination with RC4 and 1.0 final. PowerScheduler don't wake up all the necessary modules of the system? Or?

Hate to throw a wet towel, but i was in the same position, went from RC3 to RC4, which seemed great for a few days, then i noticed a few recordings where not being done, so tried going back to RC3 after deleting ALL MP\TVServer\MSSql settings, this did not work, only a reformat and a new install of Vista solved, but now have had this working successfully since 19th December.
    A reversion was done after RC4 which affected network connectivity, so i am assuming it is that, and if you have ever tried troubleshooting network problems, then you can understand why i say its easier to restore a backup image of your system than fix.

By the way, have you got a backup image, if not then seriously think about doing one, 5hrs install\updates against 25 minutes restoring image file.

Malingo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed 1.0 yesterday. First, I wondered where the PowerScheduler Plugin for the Client has gone, but I guess it isn't needed anymore. Configured the Server side. Then I programmed 2 test recordings. For the first one, I send the PC to sleep via the button on the homescreen, the second time I send it to sleep via the MCE remote button.
    Both times it woke up in time for the recording. Then I just let it go to sleep by itself.
    Later that day, when I came home, the PC was on again to record something else.
    So far, it seems to work all well on my installation.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

Just to confirm that Powerscheduler seemed to be working in RC4 and seems to work in 1.0 final OK for me so far. I do use S4 hibernate rather than S3 standby though.

Malingo
    Looking at my installation the PowerScheduler client Plugin in the first one listed under Process Plugins and I configured this as normal.

Mew

Malingo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, Mew. I had the config for MP in Basic mode after installation, and then the plugin tab only shows the Window Plugins, so I thought it was gone.
    Just found out after the PC shut down after watching 8 minutes of a recording ;)
    Now I also have configured the client plugin as usual.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Nico,

Sleeping issues were a big headache for me with every version prior to version 1, but now it seems to be behaving itself.

I notice that if I'm not in Media Portal client and setup Powerscheduler so the machine stays awake when using other programs e.g. Windows Explorer, as soon as I leave that program, the machine wants to go straight to sleep and this sometimes stuffs my recordings up. I'm not sure why the machine does not continue to stay awake based on the "idle" setting?

I also have my EPG Grabber working OK within Powerscheduler- I use xmlTVNZ (for New Zealand) with a "bat" file and execute this in the command prompt.

Anyhow, the guts is that version 1 seems a whole lot better.

Cheers

Graham

shsalmi

Portal Member
    November 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi folks,
    I think my problem might not be related to powerscheduler
    but COULD someone PLEASE point me to the right direction....

I got single seat setup and configured both tv-server and mp-client to standby, but nothing happens,
    the tv-server logs says:
    [10]: PowerScheduler: User input detected at ...
    [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler: User input detected at....
    [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler: lastUserTime:...

though nobody is doing nothing
    and these entries goes on and on
    in some log I saw [4]: PowerScheduler...

ALL ideas appreciated
    ...thanks...

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Some tips I have found so far - Vista 32 bit, MP Version 1:

1. Let Powerscheduler put the PC to sleep i.e. do not force it in any way
    2. Re-Initialise the tuner on wakeup.
    3. Make sure you have activated the client version in MP Configuration
    4. Set the same settings in the client and TV Server
    5. Try leaving the default Advanced settings i.e. 60 seconds to pre wakeup, 300 seconds pre no shutdown, 60 seconds check intervals
    6. Do not force shutdown (Advanced tab in TVS)
    7. Disable "TV Grabbing While Idle" in EPG Tab of TVS (I read something about this in another forum)
    8. Set a 20 second delay for tuner card re-initialisation in Applications Tab of TVS

Give that a blast.

Having said all this, I have had Version 1 running without waking issues for 4 weeks, but in the last week things are playing up again with missed recordings.

Let me know how you go and any findings you may have yourself.

Cheers

Graham

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    S3hack

Hi,

after a working solution with RC2 I had severe problems with RC3,4 and final. :eek:

However with S3hack (see seco's post) I now have a working solution with powerscheduler, no recordings missed for >2 weeks. :D
    Can confirm most of gperkinsons findings, however no 7 works for me.
    "wakeup for several events" is necessary for me and "wakeup for EPG grabbing" didn't work immediatly, so I skipped it without further analysis.
    Don't have a delay of 20 sec but only 3 secs for tuner reinitilisation.

shsalmi: do you have a cordless mouse or keyboard? I somewhere read, that some of these generate some "user input" without being touched.

regards

Dietmar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom