Why are episodes where parsing is OK but they're not listed at tvdb not shown? (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I have some episodes of series which are not listed at thetvdb. These episodes are then also not listed in tvseries plugin. But why? I think they should be shown without picture and text or so.

Is this configurable?

Thanks for help.

Stefan

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Are you sure you didn't overlook something at thetvdb.com? Such as Specials are seperate and you need to number them as S00E..

Otherwise, feel free to register at thetvdb.com and add the missing information, but be sure you looked first before you do so.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi!

I have some episodes of series which are not listed at thetvdb. These episodes are then also not listed in tvseries plugin. But why? I think they should be shown without picture and text or so.

Is this configurable?

Thanks for help.

Stefan

Enter Recently Added View...they should be there. This assumes that the plugin atleast tries to get this information online ie. will have a seriesname, season, episode that can be parsed.

series.does.not.exist.name.s01e01.avi

Basically you will just set to skip/ignore when importing and they will appear in Recently Added view.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure you didn't overlook something at thetvdb.com? Such as Specials are seperate and you need to number them as S00E..

Otherwise, feel free to register at thetvdb.com and add the missing information, but be sure you looked first before you do so.
    It's a german series which is not known in the rest of the world and not translated to in any other language :) and yes i'm shure. The series is in thetvdb but not all episodes.

Enter Recently Added View...they should be there. This assumes that the plugin atleast tries to get this information online ie. will have a seriesname, season, episode that can be parsed.

series.does.not.exist.name.s01e01.avi

Basically you will just set to skip/ignore when importing and they will appear in Recently Added view.

Thanks for your answer but i'm not really shure what you mean. I see the series itself cause the series does exist but when i click onto the seriesname to see the episodes i miss some - the ones which do not exist in thetvdb. Is there a way to see them there too? :) Perhaps my question is now more understandable.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I will break the steps down:

1. Click on Views Menu button
    2. Click on 'Recently Added' View

This will show you parsed and not-parsed episodes.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's a german series which is not known in the rest of the world and not translated to in any other language :) and yes i'm shure. The series is in thetvdb but not all episodes.

Thetvdb.com is user driven, so why don't you help yourself, as well as others by making the entries regarding the series complete?

You don't have to go crazy on adding info, season, episode and title is all that is needed. Adding airtime, plot and other fields makes your collection more complete, but MP-TVSeries will function without those.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I will break the steps down:

1. Click on Views Menu button
    2. Click on 'Recently Added' View

This will show you parsed and not-parsed episodes.

Thanks but i only want to see parsable movies as i'm using my recordings folder for tvseries - there are also a lot NON series files. I think this is a "design" error. Parsable files must be series otherwise they were not parsable. Especially when the series IS in thetvdb only the episode is missing. They should be shown in tvseries. What do you think?

@RoChess
    i know it is user driven and i also have an account but i also added some episodes from time to time. But i did not have the time to add each series recording i record. Also I'm doing a lot of coding for OS software i can't do anything :D. And Sorry for that.

it seems i was an idiot the series are now suddently there - don't know why. Sorry. Could that be?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a delay build into MP-TVSeries to not bog thetvdb.com website down, I believe default is 12 hours. It then retries it and fetches all the missing information. Perhaps you just got caught up in the delay. I've been impatient myself and next day everything was magically fixed :D

There are options to 'force' an update, which are fine for single episodes, but be careful to not hammer the thetvdb.com website with your entire collection. They cater to thousands of users, and if too many people request info unnecessary, it ends up ruining things up for everybody else.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Why are episodes where parsing is OK but they're not listed at tvdb not shown?

i'm sorry that i've to post again. I had suddently all series in mytvseries which were not in thetvdb. No they're gone again. So if understood you both right there is no way to let mytvseries show series which are not listed in thetvdb.com in normal view?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom