Why are there so many issues with MePo TvServer (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok - a last idea - currently the infopane when watching TV displays verious information - like running program and what's coming up. I wonder if it makes sense to put a timeline there instead so you see it like in the TV guide - but only for this program (but this probably is a skinnig issue and not serverrelated)

Hi All

Sadly one of the biggest problems that seem to hit us, is network reliability even hardwired ones, for some stupid reason the adapters that are onboard a lot of motherboards produced in recent years seem to suffer from stability problems, Intel produced NIC's (network interface controllers) have recently had major problems with cutting out, so this once 100% reliable bit of equipment seems to have become a minefield of chose the mobo with a bad NIC and nothing but a separate network card will fix it, and some users have done exactly that and then everything worked fine.

Also there was a bit of a discussion regarding routers\network extenders and it was pointed out there that some of the major players also had flaws in their equipment, one of the recommended manufacturers for reliability turned out to be Cisco, my netgear scored pretty low on reliability regarding dropouts, again that is why my 2 setups are both singleseat using the MSLoopback adapter.

Ok - so if this a major issue - and I understand that it's also related to single seat setup (?) - what can be done to overcome this? I can't believe that millions of Motherboards are using faulty Hardware? Can there be buffers build in to prevent lacks?

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Good example from today: when I got home I noticed that my router had jammed and therefore the whole HTPC freezed during system resume probably because TVService went ballistic... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom