Why couldn't I download WebEpg like a plugin (1 Viewer)

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Why couldn't I download WebEpg like a plugin.

I explain me. I use stable release of MP and the WebEpg has often problems. The only solution is to use a SVN version to have a full functional WebEpg.

It's not logical to use SVN to have a stable WebEpg.

I think it's more simple to add a link to download WebEpg (for user), and it's easier to keep it up to date (for developer).

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi cedric,

I'm sorry it doesn't really work that way. Once WebEPG was totally separate, now it uses many parts of MP. We are working on making MP much more modular so that in the future change/upgrading parts will be easier.

However, most changes I currently make are in WebEPG.dll and Utils.dll. You should be able to install these from a new version (plus all the grabber files), but its un tested.

That being said the next version 0.2.3.0 should be very stable for WebEPG :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    About 5 days ago I switched to having a dedicated TV3 server, so I've copied just the files WebEPG needs into a folder on the server and I run it as a standalone app. I schedule it to run in windows Task Scheduler.

Seems to work quite well.

Here's what I copied:

Core.dll
    Databases.dll
    sqlite.dll
    Utils.dll
    WepEPG.dll
    WebEPG.exe
    WebEPG-conf.exe
    WebEPG Folder
    XMLTV Folder

However, I did already have a working webepg configuration file from before, which you will need, because without mediaportal installed you probably wont be able to configure webepg.

Cheers,

- Aaron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom