[Question] Why no standby ? (2 Viewers)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Used Plug&Play mode in PowerScheduler with profile HTPC. Labeled this as question because I might be overlooking something, but I had this working in 1.4.0 that I uninstalled before 1.5.0 Pre.

Although I have scheduled recordings, there is nothing in Power Scheduler Wakeup/Standby Status (TV Server Configuration) - The "Next wakeup time:" entry is empty. I verified: the scheduled recordings are all listed in TV Server Configuration - Schedules. Other text: "Standby is handled by Windows" "Standby prevented by [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer" (this text has vanished in the meantime, still no standby)

Next day on 11:47 the computer was still on, the last recording several hours past while my standby timer is on 5 min. I have not made any changes to windows energy saving settings and standby worked flawless in 1.4.0.

AND:
I changed profile form HTPC to Desktop and back to HTPC and clicked apply, "Standby prevented by [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer" vanished sometimes and I clicked OK to close TV Server Comfiguration (perhaps twice) then I got this windows message: "SteupTV funktioniert nicht mehr" [English: does not work any more] with these details (hopefully translated properly to English):

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem event name: CLR20r3
Problem signature 01: setuptv.exe
Problem signature 02: 1.4.100.0
Problem signature 03: 52017b80
Problem signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem signature 06: 50c29e85
Problem signature 07: 14d0
Problem signature 08: 23
Problem signature 09: System.ObjectDisposedException
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
locale-ID: 1031

[attachment removed]

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi C 4,

Your logs are full with errors:
    Code:
    [2013-08-24 18:58:22,530] [Error  ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings
    [2013-08-24 18:58:49,561] [Error  ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings
    And those go on for days.

Besides that you seem to have more Service issues:
    • Der Dienst TVService konnte nach dem Empfang eines Preshutdown-Steuerelements nicht richtig heruntergefahren werden.
    • Das Laden folgender Boot- oder Systemstarttreiber ist fehlgeschlagen: cdrom
    • Der Dienst AMD FUEL Service" wurde nicht richtig gestartet."
    • Der Dienst TVService" ist von folgendem Dienst abhängig: MySQL. Dieser Dienst ist eventuell nicht installiert."

So i would check you system and make sure MySQL is installed and has up-to-date drivers.[/code]

Last edited:

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    [*]Das Laden folgender Boot- oder Systemstarttreiber ist fehlgeschlagen: cdrom
    That seems like a windows stupidity - I don't have a cdrom connected.

MySQL is definitely installed correctly in particular because recordings do work. It is only because I had troubles installing MP because the old MySQL from MP1.4.0 was not cleanly uninstalled leading to a "MySQL set password error" because a MySQL folder was still left that I had to manually delete.

Catalyst 13.4 was installed after uninstalling the older version. Should be absolutely fine.

Everything else I have no idea

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please set the TV Service log level to "Debug" and restart your tvservice. Then send logs again..

Michael

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    It already is set to debug (by default, I did not change it):

MediaPortal - Configuration
    General - General settings - Log verbosity: Debug

and

MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration
    General - Application - TVService - Log Level: Debug

or do you mean to use MediaPortal Debug-Mode"-tool ?

In the meantime I deactivated the firewall completely to see if it might block some necessary connection but it did not.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It already is set to debug (by default, I did not change it)
    You are right, but your logs look very strange:confused: . Could you please restart the tvservice and send the logs again?

Michael

Last edited:

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    NET stop TVService
    NET start TVService
    and then I started "TV Server Configuration" looked into the PowerScheduler settings and voila,
    Next wakeup time 26.08.2013 15:03:00 Scheduled Recordings (y)

Still does not go into standyby but at least it looks better. Perhaps there was either a tv restart missing (like "TV Server Configuration" automatically does for other changes) or ignored because like you see in post #1 it was crashing often when I clicked ok.
    Log from after TV service restart to the moment I closed MP after waiting for standby in vain for roughly 10 min or so (standby timer set to 5min).

[attachment removed]

Last edited:

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    For 1.4.0 I set all Windows Power Saving settings to default or disabled, I don't remember exactly but it was what was recommended in the forum or wiki and it worked.
    The 5 min I set in PowerScheduler section of "TV Server Configuration".
    Windows energy saving profile is "balanced" and also set to 5min, perhaps by "TV Server Configuration" ?
    Here are my current settings:
    PowerSchedulerStatus.jpg

Like I wrote earlier I switched tp 'desktop' profile and back to 'htpc' profile so I could click 'apply' to definitely activate PowerScheduler
    Standby prevented by srvnet is a new message, I did not get this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom