Widescreen format (1 Viewer)

johnmb

Portal Member
April 2, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
I can't find anything to do with this, anywhere, which really surprises me, 'cause it annoys crap out of me!!
If you are viewing standard still digital camera pictures on a widescreen, is there any way to make sure you are viewing them in the correct format? ie in the 4:3 format, not 16:9.
I am finding I have many fat friends!!
I'm sure there is a fix.......

John.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP uses the "correct" calculated aspect ratio there - most likely you workarounded every other section somehow and didn't setup the square in MP's settings correct. Use a ruler or calculator to do this correct - your eyes will fool you.

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi. Still confused. I can't find anywhere in MP to set this up?? Also, I sometimes use the PC on a 'standard' format screen, and at other times on a wide screen....
    Any help appreciated.

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    OK, I'll admit I may be a bit thick, but to me, that calibrates the WHOLE screen for everything... meaning that if I configure it to be the correct format for standard digital still pictures, then my widescreen TV will be the wrong format - isn't that just changing the view area for everything, not just for the still pictures? I am viewing this on either a widescreen TV, or standard CRT monitor (depending on whether the missus has the remote control....) The TV (or DVD etc) can be configured for either ("S" on the keyboard - zoom mode), but pictures can't??

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP will show everything in the "correct" format.
    it's down to you to calibrate to fit the screen correctly (using the screen calibration)

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    So..... does this mean I have to recalibrate each time I change between widescreen TV and just looking at pictures?? or do I have to buy a "widescreen" digital camera?? (Don't think they are available.....?)

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's true, if you set up to view it in widescreen, and go to My Pictures, the images are stretched like the video is (wide). Only thing is, there's no way to make it look normal.

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi,
    can confirm this and have to admit that my girl friend does not like to be shown "widescreen". I calibrated the screen of course but this does not help. Using 0.2.2.0
    cheers
    cheffe

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    update!
    recalibrated the screen and took a ruler to proof the square. And must say that the pictures look much better now. Solved the problem for me at least.
    cheers
    cheffe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom