Wii remote+mediaportal=... (1 Viewer)

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
.. Freakin sweet!
So i was trying to figure out what remote i wanted to get and thought that a bluetooth remote would be sweet. then i looked over at my wii... "YES" I thought to myself.

I knew that there was away to connect the wii remote to your pc but i never tried it. until now. It took a bit of work but once i figured it out it was a piece of cake.

true it doesnt have nearly as many buttons as media center remotes but using glovepie you can get a few different commands out of a single button (a=play 'a' held for 2 sec =stop ect..) and using glove pie you can assign it however you want.

I was up all night figuring out a perfect button configuration and i think i got it.

If someone has already posted about this then I'm sorry to double post. I'm just so exited about it.:D

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
zxao: is it possible for you to post the profile you created specifically for using MediaPortal with the wiimote? I think that would definitely save other people some time (ahem, namely myself >.<)

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Ok once you get your remote working in glovepie you can start assigning keyboard keys (or mouse buttons/movements) to buttons on the wii remote.
here is the mapping that i'm using at the moment ->

// Show expansion and wiimote forces
debug = var.Expansion+'; Bat='+Wiimote.Battery+'; Pitch='+RemoveUnits(Wiimote.Pitch)+' Roll='+RemoveUnits(Wiimote.Roll)+'; '+Wiimote.RelAccX+', '+Wiimote.RelAccY+', '+Wiimote.RelAccZ
Key.Space = Wiimote1.B
Key.Enter = Wiimote1.A
Mouse.y = MapRange(Mouse.y, 0,1, 0,1)
Key.Equals = Wiimote1.Plus
Key.Minus = Wiimote1.Minus
Key.B = DoubleClicked(Wiimote1.A)
Mouse.LeftButton = Wiimote1.B
Key.PageDown = Wiimote1.Two
Key.Escape = Wiimote1.Home
Key.X = DoubleClicked(Wiimote1.B)
Key.PageUp = Wiimote1.One

As you probably can see some remote buttons have multiple uses but they are executed by double clicking/holding button down. All that is assigned under the GUI tab of glovepie.

I had a tough time getting my remote to sync with my pc but once i got it working it seriously is so easy to map. there is a way to use the motion sensing too, you just asign a movement to a key on the keyboard. but personaly i would rather use the D-pad on the remote. it just suite MP a little better.

If you need any help let me know.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
The best configuration would be one that included the motion sensing, in my opinon. Things like hold B and tilt left and right to fast forward/rewind, hold B and flick left and right for a small step back/forward, etc.

I have been thinking about writing a plugin for MediaPortal, but I don't really have the time at the moment (or a bluetooth adapter). There is a nice C# library for working with the wiimote here: http://blogs.msdn.com/coding4fun/archive/2007/03/14/1879033.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom