Wil 884kbps be enough for streaming (1 Viewer)

bakerpr

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am considering upgrading my asdl to a business account which should increase my upload from max 448 to 884kbps. Will this give me sufficient improvement to achieve stable streaming?

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am considering upgrading my asdl to a business account which should increase my upload from max 448 to 884kbps. Will this give me sufficient improvement to achieve stable streaming?

if i understand correctly you want to stream mediaportal over the internet ?

the answer is no...

for a stable stream you need a low latency connection, (below 20 msec)

i managed to get it to work, but hickups do occur, and only SD channels work ..
    and i have 2 mb/s upload...

there is actually a webserver plugin to stream to a mobile phone , i havent tested it , but should use much less kbs...

search the forum for it..

Cheers

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

if i understand correctly you want to stream mediaportal over the internet ?

the answer is no... IF your not transcoding as limpwhizkid notes below

for a stable stream you need a low latency connection, (below 20 msec) streaming isn`t depending on low latency.

i managed to get it to work, but hickups do occur, and only SD channels work ..
    and i have 2 mb/s upload...

there is actually a webserver plugin to stream to a mobile phone , i havent tested it , but should use much less kbs...

search the forum for it..

Cheers

I did use ORB for streamings tv series with a 384Kb/a wireless cellphone connection

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    It wouldn't hurt, you'd get better results with the default iPiMP streaming settings at the moment for sure.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It wouldn't hurt, you'd get better results with the default iPiMP streaming settings at the moment for sure.

it may sound cheezy :D but ipimp is the one I read about ... and was looking good.. but no time (yet) to test it myself.

for all i know this ORB stuff could be financed by the entertainment industry to know whats going on :D

bakerpr

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country

Thanks

Presumably when options are available in future releases to adjust the stream bitrate, the higher upload rate would make it possible to improve the quality on bigger devices such as the ipad.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    You can manually edit the settings now. Look in c:\program files\ipimp\aspx\config.xml

You'll need some ffmpeg command line knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can manually edit the settings now. Look in c:\program files\ipimp\aspx\config.xml

You'll need some ffmpeg command line knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i installed ipimp on my windows 2008 R2 tvserver .. and it works a charm ..

this is amazing actually, nice job doesnt cut it... works on the ipad/iphone/laptop

just brilliant work m8!!!

Users who are viewing this thread