Will MediaPortal be DNLA certified? (1 Viewer)

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I am just reading up about the Digital Living Network Alliance, but I note from the wiki pages that various software packages are already believed to be DLNA certified. data here: Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not know how many industry professionals and System Integrators actually install MP as part of their projects, but I would imagine some do so (although clearly it must be provided free of charge to the client).

Surely this won't be top of priorities list, but it might be worth considering for MP2, so that MP2 is working to similar standards as the hardware manufacturers?

EDIT: my reason for being interested in this is that I actually like their rationale:

If the digital home is an evolution of the idea that PCs, consumer electronics and mobile devices should work together seamlessly through wired or wireless networks, sharing digital content within a home environment, Digital living extends that idea to include sharing content on the go as well. and this sounds in many ways what a lot of us are achieving today with MP!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well the problem with such certifications is that they are (almost always) very expensive and unless someone is willing to pay for it I don't see this happening...

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Yes - could be the case. It seems that they are not certifying software yet, but software that meets certain criteria that runs on approved hardware can be certified - all rather confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom