Will Radio be making it back to MP 1.1? (1 Viewer)

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
Hi,

I noticed the "Radio" is removed from the MP 1.1.0 BETA. Is this something you will be readding back in?

I liked adding shoutcast links directly into the radio section of the configuration.

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
Yeah, I don't have the section for "Radio" on the left side of the configuration. In the 1.0.2 it was there, but it's not for beta 1.1.0.

I don't install the TV server, but neither in the 1.0.2

i'll try reinstalling if it is to see if it comes back.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Will Radio be making it back to MP 1.1?

The Radio part is now integrated in TVServer with the new feature IPTV card for internet streams (video AND radio).
    So you´ll have to install TVServer, in the TVServer config you can then enter the radio streams you like.
    This way there is no need for an extra plugin like streamradio. (BTW: atm I have approx. 165 radiostations in my radio section ;))

flixxx

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2007
    Thanks Catavolt,

i'll do that later on. It seems like mediaportal doesn't have a "modif/repair" to jsut add the tv server. Do you happen to know where mediaportal downloads the files, i'll jsut run the tv server installation from there.

also one more thing, can I disable different aspects of the server? Say I don't need the TV part of it for example. The radio stations I used were just shoutcast links

DJTachyon

Portal Member
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yea this seems a bit frustrating just to add some shoutcast streams. Having to install the entire server application and MP wants to do a fresh install after hours of configuration ... that makes me nervous. I guess I'll be forced to use a plugin of some sort.

DJTachyon

Portal Member
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I reinstalled MP w/ TV Server. Database is running. But now the Radio isn't appearing in the UI Menu. It's in plugins, I set everything up. It even appears in the Home plugin to set the order. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread