Will this remote work? (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
It should work but I'm unaware of anybody using that particular model. It will also work with reduced functionality as it does not have the 4 colored buttons, each of which play an important role within MP (Toggle fullscreen/preview of media, Home, Context Menu and Aspect Ratio).

I would recommend against purchasing that remote.

ghackett

Portal Member
May 9, 2005
NYC
Hi, I'm using an MCE remote without the 4 color buttons right now, but Iwould like to buy a new one with them. Any idea where I can find one? (pcalchemy only has without 4 colors)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Normally they are easy to get on ebay.co.uk and the sellers are wise to the fact that the better model are harder to obtain overseas, most are happy to ship to anywhere, but for some reason they are in very short supply at the moment. Either M$ are tightening up, a new model is on the way or ??? but for a good 6 - 8 weeks they have been few and far between.

The above applies to retailers also. I've got my fingers crossed that there's a new model on its way *but* this is nothing more than wishful thinking/speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote," which I do not have)? Device Manager lists Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver as working. I find the MP2 documentation quite confusing as to whether a plugin is needed or whether MP2 is supposed to work...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
Replies
Views
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
Replies
Views
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
Replies
Views
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom