Will this remote work? (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
It should work but I'm unaware of anybody using that particular model. It will also work with reduced functionality as it does not have the 4 colored buttons, each of which play an important role within MP (Toggle fullscreen/preview of media, Home, Context Menu and Aspect Ratio).

I would recommend against purchasing that remote.

ghackett

Portal Member
May 9, 2005
NYC
Hi, I'm using an MCE remote without the 4 color buttons right now, but Iwould like to buy a new one with them. Any idea where I can find one? (pcalchemy only has without 4 colors)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Normally they are easy to get on ebay.co.uk and the sellers are wise to the fact that the better model are harder to obtain overseas, most are happy to ship to anywhere, but for some reason they are in very short supply at the moment. Either M$ are tightening up, a new model is on the way or ??? but for a good 6 - 8 weeks they have been few and far between.

The above applies to retailers also. I've got my fingers crossed that there's a new model on its way *but* this is nothing more than wishful thinking/speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
Replies
Views
I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found. Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.
I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and...
I am having trouble to make my remote control work correctly on MP2. Having upgraded from MP1 to MP2 where the remote using the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom