Will Twinhan VisionDTV PCI + CI work perfectly with MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Gizmoand

October 8, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Will it be possible for example to have Danish subs with his card, and will it work well with MediaPortal?

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The ability to show subtitles has nothing to do with the tuner card, its the software that needs to support DVB subtitles(i assume you dont mean the in-picture subtitles because they dont need any support). MediaPortal currently doesnt support DVB subtitles but tourettes is working on it. All the danish DVB-T channels and some DVB-S channels like TCM etc do not include the subtitles in the picture, so on those channels you wont get subtitles(no matter what tuner card you have) until MediaPortal has support for DVB subs.

That aside, the Twinhan cards are well supported and that includes the CI.

Is it the DVB-S, DVB-T or DVB-C version you are planning on buying?

Gizmoand

October 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It is the DVB-S version I want to buy. It’s sad that I not can get sub on some channels. It is possible to for example use DVBviewer with this card until it will work with MediaPortal?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DVB subtitles are being worked on at the moment and should be ready with the next TVEngine release.

DMAN

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sometime soon.

Have a look at the various TVEngine 3 threads all over these forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom