Will write Wiki for instructions on installing MAME32 (1 Viewer)

marklp77

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You'll help me AND your words will LIVE ON IN INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!

help, pls

Mark

marklp77

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
hmm, did a search for mame and it didn't show up; ah well, excellent link, but could use some updating. Thanks surfermc.

marklp77

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
mmm, I have not been able to use the previous link to install mame32 on the current version of MP; so.... I'm looking to completely retool the emulation Wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

baloubic

Portal Member
June 10, 2006
1) Launch Configuration.exe
2) Launch the myPrograms-plugin-setup screen
3) Add a new "MAME DIRECT"-application: "Add Child" => "Extended" => "MAME Direct importer" -> a new detail screen appears
4) Set the "LAUNCHING APPLICATION" by clicking the browse button to the right. Select the location of your mame32.exe => myPrograms tries to set as many options and directories as possible.

* Set you game files directory
* Uncheck "Quotes around filenames"
* Remove the "-skip_disclaimer" tag, keep the other two.

5) Click the FILES tab
6) Click the "UPDATE DATABASE" button to launch the importer

marklp77

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
baloubic - thanks for your response.

I followed your instructions then clicked on the "Launch" button for a game that works stand-alone (this on the same page as the "Update Database" button). Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Mark

baloubic

Portal Member
June 10, 2006
Hi again,

I'm not at home, so I can't check where/if my instructions were wrong... But try to remove all tags except -joy (joy should be there, but only one of the other two tags. Maybe I remembered wrong in my first post)

Also, uncheck "only import files with valid images", if you haven't already done so. Mame support does still work, as I use the same MP version with mame without problem, so don't lose hope ;)

When I set it up, I followed wabeards instructions from the initial release:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=2036&highlight=mame

...and it worked for me. There is some bugs covered later in that thread as well.

Good luck!

marklp77

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
Thanks for your help

It was the arguements other than "-joy" that were messing me up! IT WORKS!!!

I'll put this in the Wiki soon.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread