Win XP Service Pack 3 and mediaportal (1 Viewer)

frippe75

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
Strange, reinstalled my PC with a DVD that has SP3 already integrated.

After installing all required drivers and the dba driver from fireDTV im still not able to scan and find any channels. It did work before installing so signal from the antenna has never been an issue.

FireDTV support tool meantions that none of the two required hotfixes (bda+firewire) are installed.

Applied the dvbhotfix per intructions. Maybe the FireDTV support tools does not noticed the special install of the bda hostfix??

Any other suggestions to why this is not working after reinstall.??

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Required Updates and Hotfixes (do not try to use MediaPortal without!)

Common to all OSes:

* All Microsoft updates run Microsoft updates until no more updates are available

Only for XP / MCE2005:
    * BDA/DVB hotfix - This essential hotfix is allready included in Roll-Up 2 of Windows MCE 2005, for Windows XP you have to install it manualy. [Updated psisdecd.dll]
    o
    New Version! added 2008-07-14
    * If you want to watch digital TV, you must install it in order to avoid crashes and other odd behaviour!
    * Firewire hotfix (if you upgraded to SP2 and use FireWire devices) (included in SP3)
    * videoplayback flicker hotfix (fixes flickering when you play back video) (included in SP3) [Updated quartz.dll]

frippe75

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    .... After reading my first post I notice that Ive missed to write that I have installed the hotfix per instructions in the wiki...

The fireDTV tool fails to notice this and the channel scan is not working...

Any ideas ???? Thanks!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have you tried it on a regular TV or decoder just to check if your coaxcable and signal is ok? Have you updated to the latest firmware on the TV-card?

Frenchy2k1

Portal Member
    September 30, 2008
    Bay Area
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    .... After reading my first post I notice that Ive missed to write that I have installed the hotfix per instructions in the wiki...

Any ideas ???? Thanks!

If the tool does not see the hotfix, it may be a problem with this install.
    Where did you place the hotfix dlls? Any place system directory would be restored by windows automatically to the older version.

frippe75

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006

Any ideas ???? Thanks!

If the tool does not see the hotfix, it may be a problem with this install.
    Where did you place the hotfix dlls? Any place system directory would be restored by windows automatically to the older version.

its installed in the c:\dvbfix folder. the dll registration goes without problem....

The latest BDA drivers and firmware is installed... Still the same problem!!!!

Please!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom