Win7 / MCE receiver / TiVo remote / Multiple button presses (1 Viewer)

Scott R

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Hi, I'm using this software on Windows 7 32-bit, in conjunction with an old HP MCE USB receiver, and my TiVo remote (set to switch position 2). It seems to be working, except that pushing and holding the directional pad results in scrolling that is not as fast as I would like. I've used Lirc with XBMC Live which could also see my TiVo remote and it scrolled faster, so I don't believe the problem is with the hardware (MCE USB receiver and TiVo remote). I tried mucking with the auto-repeat delay settings but it didn't seem to have much effect. I currently have it set to 0ms, and it's still not as fast as I'd like.

FWIW, when configuring the TiVo remote in Translator, the TiVo remote will send two different signals with the directional pads. The first one has a long number but I've found that it won't allow for repeating at all (I haven't confirmed this with the Debug tool, but I'm guessing that the remote only sends that signal once, and then sends the 2nd signal multiple times on repeated presses). That 2nd signal has a much shorter number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom