Operating System win7 recommended power options (1 Viewer)

berndyman

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Are there any recommended power options for a single seat MP running on win7? (for instance minimum processor state, balanced vs. high performance - plan)

Regards,
Bernd.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    as on every pc ..i set everything to never..lol..no power saving here

i have set MP to turn itself off after 1 hour of inactivity with powerscheduler

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
    Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom