winamp external player plugin in mp. does it work? (1 Viewer)

pjuegos

Portal Pro
April 28, 2011
hi I have just installed MP1.2 beta in order to see if i could use winamp's plugin and root the audio streams to winamp.
The idea is using winamp's wasapi plugin and also the EQ.

I have enabled winamp plugin in mp1.2
I have added the music extensions
I have realised that now I have winamp again in the taskbar. Good sign!

However, when I play a file in MP, I don't think that anything at all is happening in winamp. by opening winamp's agent, it looks like no audio stream is passed to winamp.

Am I missing something, or is it still not working in mp1.2?

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It was working on 10th December but have not tried it since.

Can you post logs please?

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Apologies, it works. I had typed the extensions as "*.mp3" instead of just .mp3

This is great news, because I will now be able to use WASAPI and the EQ in winamp

cheers

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Does this mean that:

I can have winamp (which presumably has an ASIO plugin available) running as the music player in MP1.1.3 and then have winamp generate milkdrop visualisation and have these visualisations run fullscreen in MP when playing music via the MP music screen????

I have never managed to get milkdrop running in any version of MP so far. Some versions of MP have worked slightly but have never really been satisfactory - i.e. have never managed milkdrop as well as winamp seems to do.

This would be a fine thing if it was so.

If the above really is true can someone point me at needed installation instructions.

K

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    hi again jameson_uk,

I still have some issues with the winamp plugin...

As I said in previous posts, it did work in my first test. However, I have tried to do the same thing in another PC and unfortunately it did not work this time.
    As expected, Winamp launches when I play a file in MP. However, it does not manage to play the file and displays the file as song title "1.0".

I attach the log files. Any help would be really appreciated !!!!:D

pj

Attachments

• winamp.jpg
      winamp.jpg
      123 KB

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    hi again,

Just noticed something strange.

whilst it launchs MediaPortal config app, it says version 1.2.0. However, once it is launched, in the about field it says 1.1.5.0????
    also, the foobar plugin is there, which is weird since it is supposed to be gone in MP1.2

In the unistall window of win7, it says 1.2.0.

Is this not strange?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    hi again,

Just noticed something strange.

whilst it launchs MediaPortal config app, it says version 1.2.0. However, once it is launched, in the about field it says 1.1.5.0????
    also, the foobar plugin is there, which is weird since it is supposed to be gone in MP1.2

In the unistall window of win7, it says 1.2.0.

Is this not strange?

1.1.5 is 1.2 alpha and 1.1.7 is 1.2 beta. This does seem like you actually have the alpha installed not beta ??? (both will say version 1.2.0 when they launch).

If you go into the MP program files folder and look at configuration.exe then select properties and details what version does it state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom