[other] Windowed mode maximizes on Restore? (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I find that minimizing MediaPortal in windowed mode and restoring will give me a black screen, trying to switch to MediaPortal. Even if I wait for 10 minutes it just keeps trying to switch.

Running W7 using Catalyst 9.7, but this behaviour was not in the Alpha, and I didn't change anything in the system. Could someone running W7 try windowed mode? And someone in Vista the same?

:D

This is disturbingly close to the same behaviour I had with one of the earlier versions of 1.0.0 (RC I think?)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    More info:

On my XP system running the Beta too, I get this behaviour:

desktop = 1024x768 (my setting)
    run in a window results as expected in 1280x720 (skin size)
    minimizing window, and restoring results in something that looks to be a normal PAL resolution at about 720x576 ?!

The Alpha definately didn't behave this way...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Installed the Beta at my XP PC here at work and it works without ene the smallest amount of flicker!
    Even when playing a video it smoothly pops down and up no matter what I try to do, resizing window, moving around, sharing on two monitors etc...

I'll try to compare this setup with my XP at home. Will update with more info :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Installed the Beta at my XP PC here at work and it works without ene the smallest amount of flicker!
    Even when playing a video it smoothly pops down and up no matter what I try to do, resizing window, moving around, sharing on two monitors etc...

I'll try to compare this setup with my XP at home. Will update with more info :)

Vista + Windows 7 share different code related to DirectX handling. So, the bug fix might have caused the side effect only on the Vista + Windows 7 side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom