Windows 10, MEPO1 and Digital Everywhere Floppy DTV DVB-C (will it work?) (1 Viewer)

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I've looked high and low but can't seem to find anybody confirming that Digital Everywhere Floppy DTV (DVB-C) cards will work on windows 10, obviously with the latest version of MEPO 1 (and MEPO TV server)

The main question:
Can anybody confirm the Digital Everywhere Floppy DTV card works in Windows 10?

If yes,
1. Can somebody point me to the drivers they used for the floppy cards.
2. Do I still need to switch to the legacy firewire driver with 2 Floppy DTV cards?

Background:
I have 2x Floppy DTV cards running in my 8.1 HTPC machine, but I want to reinstall.
As I can install windows 10, I would like to do that.

Thanks,
Luke

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Do you need to reinstall right away or can you wait?

I have holidays coming up the next 3 weeks and I was planning to test Windows 10 on my HTPC (I have an unused 40 GB SSD lying around).
    I also use two FloppyDTV/C and I'm mostly worried about how they would behave under Windows 10, along with my iMon mini display/IR receiver and my "legacy" Radeon.

I once tried upgrading to Windows 8.1 but I had all sorts of problems with driver signature verification for my graphics card and the FloppyDTV and gave up and went back to Windows 7 as I disliked Windows 8.x anyway.

I've read that disabling driver signature verification is somewhat easier on Windows 10, and you can use the latest "Windows 7 beta" drivers from Digital Everywhere (v5.7).

I'll give feedback, but I don't know when exactly I'll have the time to test this.

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Do all hardware work under a VM as it would "bare-metal"?

I know Windows 10 well as I tested the technical previews on a laptop since March; most of my worries are hardware-related so I don't think testing in a VM would give me an accurate picture of what will happen when I install it directly on the hardware, would it?

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi el Filou,

I am not in a hurry, so would be glad to wait for your testresults!
    I have the 5.7 drivers running without problems on Win8.1.

Thanks again,
    Luke

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello everybody

Just to confirm: from a TV Server perspective there's no reason why the FloppyDTV tuners shouldn't work on W10. As you've said, the question would be which Firewire driver to use. I'd assume the legacy driver is the correct choice, as I'm not aware of significant changes to Firewire in Windows since W7.

Regards,
    mm

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I happily confirm that multiple FloppyDTVs work just fine with MediaPortal under Windows 10 ! (y)

Unfortunately I can't use Win10 as my main system just yet because of unrelated issues with my graphics card, but from a TV point of view everything went as smooth as possible.
    Changed the FireWire driver to the Legacy one for Windows 8/8.1 available for download from MS, installed the v5.7 Windows 7 FloppyDTV BDA driver, and everything was alright.

Edit: just to clarify, I didn't bother trying with the default FireWire driver bundled with Windows 10, as like mm1352000 said it's the same as on Win7/8.x

I tested recording 4 simultaneous HD channels on my two cards with dual-channel CAMs while watching one of them and it was working perfectly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom