Windows 10 update messed up S3 sleep? (1 Viewer)

Gilean

Portal Member
January 28, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has noticed that recently probably some Windows 10 update messed up Mediaportal PowerScheduler sleep feature? To be precise, my HTPC does go to sleep, but not properly: earlier all fans stopped and only thing where I could notice that my computer is sleeping instead of off, was blinking power button, but now CPU fan keeps spinning in sleep mode. And what is worse: earlier I just pressed a key on keyboard or a button on my remote, and computer woke up from sleep properly, but now when I do that, my IR receiver light turns on and stays that way, and computer does not wake up and I have to shut down the computer by pressing power button on my HTPC and then turn it on again.

My windows power settings should be fine, and my BIOS does not reveal anything suspicious either (my motherboard is Asus P8Z77-M).

Is there some trick to make my computer wake up from sleep properly again? It has worked well for almost three years before, first with Windows 7 and then some time with Windows 10 as well.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello gilean,
    i can't help you on your issue, i use win 10 with last update, and imon IR receiver, and don't notice this problem.
    maybe update all your driver and look your USB receiver setting.

an good idea is to provide MP logs, nothing about MP itself, but more for windows event logs.

sorry.

Gilean

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here's the log files created by Watchdog. Not sure if there is something about those power settings, as I have recently just kept my HTPC open to avoid having to restart HTPC manually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom