Windows 7 64-bit, MCE Receiver, Dish Network STB, GBPVR... IRSS Cannot Learn Codes (1 Viewer)

BTJustice

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I open the Translator, click on the IR Commands tab, click the new button, click the Learn button, point my Dish Network remote very close at my MCE Receiver, press 1 (or any other number), and the code never gets learned.

I did the registry edit and deleted the keys listed in the HELP file for IRSS to keep Media Center from running.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use GBPVR for recording shows or at least I use to when I was still running Windows XP.

BTJustice

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
The latest version of IRSS (Test Build 1.4.2.3064) just doesn't work with 64-bit Windows 7 (and probably 64-bit Windows Vista).

IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.2975 works just fine. I have attached it to this post so anyone else suffering from the hours long headache I had might get over it.

In GBPVR, the -pad option in the command line is not needed. It was actually messing up channel changing for me until I removed it. So now I use...

-host localhost -channel {channel}

Also, to allow GBPVR to change channels, be sure to go to Services in Administrative Tools, find GB-PVR Recording Service on the list, open it, go to the Log On tab, and check the box in front of Allow service to interact with desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom