Operating System Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to standby (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I've buyed a new Board ASRock K10N78 and installed fresh Win7 64bit.

Now i've the problem when i select shutdown it completely shuts down (disk + monitor + cpu cooler goes off) but then it starts again with the bios.

When i go to standby it also awakes immediatly - same for hibernate.

Stefan

Any ideas :-(

sim1964

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    UK
    Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to standb

Try setting in the bios not to allow usb devices to wake the computer

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to standb

was also an idea - but the bios of this mobo hasn't much features also absolutly NO wake on usb option.

jaydubya

Portal Member
    November 23, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to standb

Turn off all ACPI settings in the BIOS, update the BIOS to the latest version too. It also could be a bad driver that is causing a panic on shutdown causing the PC to reboot before the shutdown is complete, so update your drivers. Additionally this could be a hardware issue, but that is less likely. Check that your power switch isn't stuck in the open position or hooked up wrong. Check your motherboard manual to make sure you have the right connections made with the right pins.

-Jason

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st

Turn off all ACPI settings in the BIOS, update the BIOS to the latest version too. It also could be a bad driver that is causing a panic on shutdown causing the PC to reboot before the shutdown is complete, so update your drivers. Additionally this could be a hardware issue, but that is less likely. Check that your power switch isn't stuck in the open position or hooked up wrong. Check your motherboard manual to make sure you have the right connections made with the right pins.

-Jason

thanks but i already tried / checked this.

What i've done:
    - tested Bios ver 1.7, 1.8 and newest 1.9 version
    - double checked all cable connection / also removed all cables (on change)
    - tested nforce Drivers 15.37, 15.45, 15.49, 15.51
    - tested different nvidia graphicsdrivers
    - also unchecked reboot when blue screen

But there is def. no driver crash / blue screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom